What's the best music quiz game out in the app store?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by D Wo, Jun 22, 2009.

1. D Wo

D Wo Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Any suggestions?

2. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
  3. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
  4. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    #4 Seishu, Jun 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
    I was just about to download it now in fact. Also thanks for the screenshots, I didn't see those before. Thank goodness it's multiple choice.

EDIT: Hmm I'm getting an unknown error for some reason. I'll try again later.

5. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    I really want to like this, it is very polished and easy to use. I guess I might get used to it, perhaps they'll update it too. The difficulty is pretty hard jumping into it first. It plays almost a 10 second clip and you have to come up with an answer before it's done playing. This goes by a bit to fast for me, though with the individual album quiz you can practice on songs you know really well (for me that would be meatloaf and pink floyd). It's certainly not bad, just a bit to hard. I would have really liked to see it give you extra time after the clip plays to guess what song was played. Perhaps if I contact the developer they would fix this in an update.

6. Palfince

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    I might pick this up, the amount of time isn't too much of a problem for me since I know my music reasonably well. By the way the developer is Swipe Interactive who made Quick Draw and they have a account on these forums (SwipeInteractive) so you could also PM them.

7. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    Thanks, I'll try and reach them here if I can. For me I add a lot of music but don't listen to it all that much. Generally I listen to a majority of it then get bored with it and listen to the rest. I'm getting better at it now, but when I first started off I missed 7 questions in a row. :eek:

8. Palfince

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    I just bought this and played a 100 question game, got 83% first try. :D

This is a really polished game is worth the $0.99 price. I also tried a quiz with all my Killers music and only got 61% on it so I actually think artist quizzes are possibly harder than Jukebox quizzes for me. The reason is that in the Jukebox quiz it gives you the album art and I can tell what artist the song is from so it's a 50/50 choice because it only puts two songs from that album in each question. I think they should have an option to turn off album art.

I also see what you mean about having a short amount of time to answer it's more like 5 seconds than 10 seconds. I find the shorter amount of time makes the game more frantic and fun but I think they should have options to change the amount of time you get to answer the question anyway.

I'm going to make a thread in the main games forum now since I like this game so much. :)