Universal The Walking Dead (+ 400 Days DLC) by Telltale Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 25, 2012.

1. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    How does ist run on iPad 2?

2. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #82 bigrand1, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012

3. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    #83 EvilDucktator, Jul 26, 2012
    But doesn't he only have an iPad 3? Like the poster above, I'm wondering about the iPad 2 performance...

4. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    Rally good like watching the tv series!

5. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    If you're talking about Sanuku,i think he owns several generations iphones and every generation ipad. My guess is he owns every piece of hardware apple has brought out for the lastfew years.

6. beachmusic

beachmusic Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    My faith in IOS gaming has been restored.

7. Altrez

Altrez Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    IT
    Kentucky
    Anyone playing on an iPad 1?

-Altrez

8. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore

No way, the whole season 2 is great!

The Walking Dead is all about characters so the viewers get to see people like Carl disappearing all the time, Dale being the shltz, Lori being retarded and the slow "Days of our Lifes" pace. It's the best season ever.

Sarcasm aside, I was pretty surprised at the events in Chapter 100. It's not one of the worst things that have happened in TWD series but damn is it emotional. :(

One of the TWD episode 2 event had me cringing as well. I felt like a dick when I made that decision.

9. RickyBrooke

RickyBrooke Well-Known Member

May 13, 2012
    I just purchased this morning for £2.99 and also the other episodes 2-5 for an additional £10.49 and very disappointed about how this first episode runs on my iPod Touch 4g. My iPod is only 6 months old so very new, but it lags and pauses and stutters - I have tried to reboot the device but it still runs very badly.... I really hope we get an update as soon as possible for this as I am really angry that it is spoiling this game for me...

10. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

That's what it plays most like IMO (blend of action/exploration on rails) but this is somewhat more gritty :D

It's not a traditional point and click that's for sure, but great game... interesting and cleverly made.

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Not compatible with iPad 1 I believe.

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I totally agree about the farm in Season 2, just like Triscuitable said i was wishing they would get off the farm asap as it was turning into a soap opera, for about 4 or so episodes there was hardly any zombie killing. Very boring.

Season 3 'should' be great as they reach the prison, i wont say anymore ! And yes issue 100 was very sad, cant wait for issue 101.

I was 'spoilt' as i found the Walking Dead 'late' so i started buying all the graphic novels online and loved going through a few issues every night. Now of course i have to wait once a month for the next issue as i've caught up. A great series though

13. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #93 syntheticvoid, Jul 26, 2012
    **edit**

nevermind... sorry... got my answer. =oP

14. biancamol

biancamol Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Digital Marketing
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    To summarize, season 2 was all about Lori being an idiot - and an awful mom/wife/everything, by the way - and Carl disappearing. Zzzz. The best of it was every single scene that Daryl appeared, because, well, he's simply awesome. I just can't accept the fact that he doesn't exist in the comic book series...

Anyway, I can't wait for season 3. I wonder if there will be MANY episodes that take place in the prison...

15. AEREC

AEREC Active Member

Sep 11, 2010
    I.T.
    Seattle
    Is there anyway to get rid of the white dots that highlight interactive elements in the game? I would prefer less hud elements like the console versions had.

16. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Chalk me up as another wanting to know how well it plays on iPad 2. If it's stuttery I guess I'll buy the Xbox version instead. I probably should anyway as I've got credit on there, but I'd rather play it on my iPad 2 if it works well.

17. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I've had a couple frameskips on my iPad 2... but nothing game breaking. And that was before doing a hard reset...

But as it is now... it's running really well. =o)

18. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I'm not seeing why people are surprised that this game doesn't run well on the iPod. It's about 3 generations old and you're playing a game that was just released. 3d game, not a 2d physics game.

Also, I know buying a phone just to play games isn't very economical but you don't automatically get a bill for using an iPhone unless you activate it to be used as a phone on your plan. But I'm sure we all knew that.

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Finally got round to 'playing' this, cant even get it working on my ipod 4th gen. Says 'loading' in the corner then crashes out. Tried a soft reset a few times but nothing.

Frustrating, when i get my new ipad (birthday soon) i'll play it on that so thank god its universal but its no doubt the usual memory issues (eg i have way too many apps on my device). Pain

20. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    It's more about the 4th gen being listed in the game's description as being compatible. If it said that the game does not run on 4th gens... there wouldn't be anyone complaining. But if it says that the game runs on a device, you kind of expect it to.