Universal Heroes and Castles - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 16, 2013.

1. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Interesting... never thought too much of the Armor stat till now.

I crafted a -12% Unit Cost, +5 Damage rare Rune... :D
    Another one, -8% Building Cost, +5 Run

;o

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah/.. with my +10 Armor rune i NEVER get knocked down anymore, and damage is mitigated by a good amount. Almost all tier 1 enemies just deal 1 damage.

3. Livven

Livven Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Germany
    Okay I'm stuck at level 18... those necromancers always get me and I'm not able to run out and kill them quick enough with my knight, as they deal lots of damage so I have to retreat to heal. I suppose ballista towers should help with singling those out but then I don't have enough money to spend on repairing walls and stuff. Any tips here?

4. 4fenris

4fenris Member

Jul 4, 2012
    I finished lvl 18 in my first attempt using Lvl 20 Paladin with 75gold rune. At the beginning I build up my Mine to +3 and defend my wall till I Have my first pikeman. I keep buying Pikeman until I know I can control the field without enemies touching my wall, Then I build Blacksmith trained Captains and stone wall. If my Paladin, Captains and Pikeman are together they can deal 100-105 damage, and I'll just stun those necro before they hit me and let my Pikeman do the killings.

5. n00sipher

n00sipher Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Engineer
    Philippines
    add me on GC :)

6. Derrythe

Derrythe Active Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Maybe it's a typo in the game, maybe it's autocorrect, but why do people keep calling them barista towers? They aren't throwing coffee on the enemy. It's ballista towers.

7. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    http://www.zenfar.com
    InstaBuy

Got this game last night, a lot of fun, great mashup of different genres:cool:

Is there any way to zoom out of the action and does anybody have any tips for getting the attack controls to work better, I have a little trouble with which enemy I am facing, of course it could just be I am not so young anymore:eek:

8. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    My picky thing is that the action gets hectic and instead of move the hero I move the camera.

9. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    I can't seem to get past stage 4, becoming very frustrating. I know I'm doing something wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is there a help thread for this game?

10. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    http://www.zenfar.com
    Camera Control

That is exactly what I am talking about too, the camera control is difficult for me sometimes. Maybe a button to just control the camera with a little zooming out or perhaps that attack not moving the camera so aggressively.

Great game though and these tweaks would make it perfect:cool:

11. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    General Question:

(1) why no way to refund skill points?

Coop suggestions/questions:

(1) should probably scale with hero level, its fairly brutal without a high level hero;

(2) unit cap is shared between the two of you right?

(3) personal high score for co-op would be nice;

(4) reward doesnt seem to vary with how well you do...see (3), they are related;

(5) You rez automatically if the other hero is alive? It takes longer each time?

12. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

We don't have a refund skill option because its expected that you'll have all your skills maxed out by the time you beat the campaign... if you only got enough skill points to level up half your stuff, sure, we'd allow respec... but for now I think everyone's goal should ultimately be to unlock everything! I can certainly see the argument though, so we've added it to our internal discussion list :)

1. We don't scale co-op because it has leaderboards... we can't give anyone an advantage, and we don't want level 1 knights being able to last as long as level 30 knights :p Also, we are hoping that players who get their butts kicked say "dang, I need to play campaign some more and level up my hero" instead of "dang, this is so hard it sucks." Thats what we're hoping at least :p

2. Yep, unit cap is shared. We initially had it split, but we found completely shared to be better - that way if one guy wants to focus purely on defense and wall units, he can do so.

3. Will be in next update ;)

4. You get a crystal for every x minutes you survive, and the chances for getting better and better runes go up as you survive longer.

5. Is this a suggestion? Could be interesting... not sure about this one.

Anyway, we just want to say thanks again to everyone enjoying the game. This has really been an unreal experience for us, now that we've just passed a few Angry Birds games in the charts :p We've been working hard, trying to make great games for a few years now with moderate (if that) success, so its just surreal to see a game like this (a more mid to hard-core indie game) break into the top 25... its just crazy, and we're really psyched to get more content out asap!

13. moongrandpa

moongrandpa New Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Hi there i am enjoying this game, its really tactical and rewarding. By the way if you add me on game center we could play co-op :)
    Game center id: moongrandpa

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    About making combat more complicated...I don't think it'll change anything. Those "casual" players who don't want a complex system will still be able to mash the attack button, with only one extra button onscreen that even a casual player would find useful (block button). Then it's just a matter of putting in the help section what combos do what - players like myself will love it and those who want a casual mobile experience can ignore it and do as always.

Again:
    -tap sprint to roll
    -hold sprint to run
    -sprint—attack does a sort of running slash
    -roll—attack does a series of light blows

Something like this, plus a block button, would make combat sooo much deeper and more satisfying IMO.

Anyways just a suggestion :)

15. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    That's not a typo, the baRista towers increase intelligence, agility, and movement speed for a short duration...:p;):D

DBC

16. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    So there's barista and ballista

17. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    So how do you get rezzed in coop?

18. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I assume it's doing better than N.Y Zombies 2?

19. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Stand over the body of the other player. There should be a big beam of light coming from their body (which we might have to make brighter for the next update).

That's an understatement :p

20. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Glad for your success. I dont know that I find it a better game than Bug Heroes in terms of gameplay, which its similar too, but certainly you have the nice campaign.

I survived 6 minutes with a level 30 dude and we still only got one crystal. What do you need to get two crystals, like 10 minutes?