Drag Racer : Pro Tuner released to the AppStore

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by AdamTelfer, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamTelfer

AdamTelfer Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    The next installment of the Drag Racer franchise is coming out before the winter break (It's in review right now).

I've teamed up with a top notch studio from Toronto (XMG Studio Inc.) to ramp up development on the game. Here's some pics to outline the big new features in the game :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plus New Race Features :
    - Nitrous Oxide Boost for a big speed burst during those tough races
    - Street Race Mode, allowing you to actually steer in the Drag Racing lanes and prevent your opponent from passing you (or they can do the same to you!)
    - 3 (10 in total) new custom Performance parts, including the new "R" stage, for a even more customizable experience
    - Car Tuning options allowing you to fine tune your car to match your race style and the length of the race
    - Submit your Race stats to the Drag Racer Facebook App

Post on this forum if you would like to get a promo code for the game and be notified when its released. I'll PM you with the code when it's out on the AppStore. It should be out by mid next week since its actually "In Review" on iTunes Connect right now (not "Waiting for Review"). I'll only have a limited amount though, so please act quickly.

2. xerox

xerox Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    New York
    I'd like to have one promo code

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm really liking the new UI, the controls look bigger and more user-friendly... NOS was a must-have from the beginning, awesome addition. Is this a sequel to the last game or more of a replacement? The first one was great but I'm not sure I can see myself returning to it when I get this.

Question: does the image import support .png files with transparency at all? (does the iPhone for that matter?)

4. AdamTelfer

Mar 31, 2009
    Thats up to what the device can take... if you can put png files into your photos on the device, then you should be able to. I'll be putting up a video in a little while that shows the basics of custom decals, then some tutorials on how to do some pretty cool advanced stuff. The sky is the limit with this game, we really wanted to make it so that the player was more in control of what their car looked like.

Short of players being able to create custom cars, this is a pretty good step i'd say.

5. Spartan4

Spartan4 Active Member

Aug 19, 2009
    I'll take a promo code when it comes out if there's any left. Looks like an awsome game.

6. dommur

dommur Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2009
    pm me ill tell u
    Hey Adam this game looks better than the last with the upgraded graphics and features. Cant wait for the street race mode. and is there gonna be any fine tune options to tune tread size, ride height and stuff like that. P.S i would like a promo code.

7. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    ive played A LOT on the original drag racer and liked it a lot!
    if you have a promo code left, i would be more than happy to review it.

8. sic

sic Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Philippines
    #8 sic, Dec 18, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
    Hi Adam,

Wow, looks so great. I like the more quality presentation this time around. I'd love to have a promocode when it's out. I'll review it in pocketfullofapps.com. Thanks!

9. Pinoykid

Pinoykid Well-Known Member

nice update! can't wait for it, when is it going to be out?

10. dommur

dommur Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2009
    pm me ill tell u
    Adam said its IN review and it should be out by mid next week.

11. Bluellama1

Bluellama1 Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Student
    Metro Detroit, Michigan
    I'll take a promo code if you have any left :)

12. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

I'm really excited for this. I loved the first and still play from time to time. Can't wait to get stuck into this.

13. AdamTelfer

Mar 31, 2009
    Yah, alot quicker turnaround then Perfect Run haha.

Yes to fine tuning your car. Ride height & frame angle will be in the 1.1 update, but you can customize your gear ratios, suspension ratio, tire compound and boost psi.

There is also some cool performance parts being added, much closer to the Drag Racer 2/3 setup (minus having brands).

14. Kramer

Kramer Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    I would like a promo code please.

I enjoyed the first one on iPhone, good to see a sequel.

15. dommur

dommur Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2009
    pm me ill tell u
    Sweet customizing gear ratios and boost psi now thats a +

16. AdamTelfer

Mar 31, 2009
    Thought you guys might want a sneak peak of the "R" class cars. Sorry for the size.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. AdamTelfer

Mar 31, 2009
    First YouTube promo video :

18. dommur

dommur Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2009
    pm me ill tell u
    Sweet the art work really looks good. Can you tell us how many cars will be in the game?

19. AdamTelfer

Mar 31, 2009
    7 C Class
    5 I Class (Car Pack)
    5 M Class (Car Pack)
    5 R Class (Car Pack)
    5 B Class (Car Pack)
    5 T Class (Car Pack)

So about 32 in total are planned within the next month. Currently 15 are awaiting app store approval with 7 included in the game. We'll be adding 15-20 more as "Expansion" packs to each class during January.

20. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

I would like a promo code