Great Games: Do you blast through them? Or do you play them in moderation?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tsharpfilm, May 3, 2010.

?

I play through great games...

1. slowly. I want to enjoy every moment.

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. in moderation, for maybe an hour a day.

23 vote(s)
    45.1%
  3. quickly! I want to see the end before I go to bed!

19 vote(s)
    37.3%
  1. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    When you buy a game that you know is going to be good, do you play through it quickly, and finish it a day? Or do you try to take your time, and play it in moderation?

2. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Blast through them till about the half way point and then I typically quit....LOL! But eventually I get back to them and finish 'blasting' the rest of the way through them.

Um...I don't fit any of the poll choices. :D

3. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Slowly/Moderate. I love to take my time and pay attention to every detail; yet I can't put a time-frame the the amount of time I spend per session. It can be short spurts and/or longer periods of time. I love to enjoy every bit of the game to stay engaged.

4. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Certain games such as Edge, Dark Nebula, Beat It, Zenbound, Broken Sword are so unique or have such a pervasive style that I have to put them down and play in moderation - more like an hour every few weeks instead of an hour a day. I don't want those and several others to end. Certain other types of games (e.g. Shmups, platformer, simple physics puzzlers, games like geodefense, or rhythm games) I'll blast right through, almost to get them out of my system. So it depends.

5. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Moderation-Don't want to get too bored of them!

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Hm..I dont know what you would call a great game.
    but the last game i played straight through was chaos rings, but before that was nova..so it's been a while xP.

7. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    A "great game" is whatever you would consider a great game.

8. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    I usually try to play them in moderation, but end up blasting through them in a few days.

9. Obscure

Obscure Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Australia
    Moderation, depends what game it is really though. Most games I'll play in moderation but if it's a really fun, exciting game, I'll blast through it.

10. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    In response to my own poll, I play most games in moderation, and some games I play slowly like Grand Theft Auto. I think I've only completed about 10 missions. :D No rush.

11. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    If I like the game then I just play whenever I feel like it..I'll probably finish quickly. not gonna keep myself from playing..

12. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I take my games very slowly, to take everything in. The only problem is that, especially with iPhone games, I sometimes take so long that I start playing other games inbetween, and then I stop playing the first one. This happened with Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Earthworm Jim (though, to be fair, I am stuck on a level), and Dark Void Zero.

I mean I still play them. But the interest is waning :\

13. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

#13 Will090, May 3, 2010
    Last edited: May 3, 2010
    Depends on the game, some I can't put down but some I'll beat over the period of about a week. The difficulty also is very influential on how fast I beat it. For example I beat Space Miner five hours after I bought it while, it took me about a month to beat Hook Champ.

14. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    When I first try a game out, I check out all the options and the menu screens. Then I play the game. If there's a story, I pay attention to it. I enjoy playing my games in moderation, not blasting through them.

15. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    hey i do that first too xD.

16. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    How is moderate playing 1 hour a day? That's an awful lot if you ask me to be considered "moderate"

17. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    ditto that

18. txag2005

txag2005 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    That's pretty moderate compared to many. I've had plenty of 5+ hour gaming days in my life.

19. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    LOL. I just like checking out the full features/options first. I want to see what else is in the game, other than the actual game :p.

20. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I try to play them in moderation but end up blasting through them like my pants are on fire.