Loot - Quick preview of the next iPhone / iPad game by Creative Patterns

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kcalb, Aug 25, 2010.

1. #1 Kcalb, Aug 25, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
    Bonjour à tous, hi everyone !

I’m Etienne Gurrera, producer at Creative Patterns, a French video game studio (we are responsible for all your headaches on TURN Episode 1).

I'm here to speak about our upcoming production: LOOT. And I don’t turn up emply-handed since our artists have drawn a little comic strip about the main character: the bold Mac Upidus.

[​IMG]

As you can see, he is a brave and valiant knight, well perhaps a bit greedy… You can think of him as Legolas mixed with Wario. Unlike Robin Hood, he steals the rich to give to himself.

Loot puts you in the shoes of an avid hero in a not less cupid world. Amass money, defend it against other eager creatures, purchase stuff without putting too much strain on your precious booty.

The gameplay will be hack n slash / shooter based, a bit like Minigore but it focus on the shooting action rather than on the moving/escaping one. And of course, on the looting action! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

More info are on the way if you people are interested in it.
    Cheers from France!

P.S. I forgot to mention, but feedbacks are always welcomed :)

2. Zaz

Zaz Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    I like the artworks and the idea looks fun (the hero's name is awesome :p).
    As Turn was really polished, I'm looking forward to this new game from your studios :)

3. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    LOOOOOOOOOOOT! Loving the character art!

4. TheGreemSim

TheGreemSim Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to this, did a little preview on my website. I like the concept and the idea of the game and hopefully it'll live up to the standards of Turn which is one of my favourite puzzle games.

5. Hey! Thank you all for the good feedback! The team here is very pleased to read that.

To speak more about the game itself and especially what we have learnt from our previous productions.

• social integration: yes there will be an openfeint integration in Loot, Facebook isn't everything :D
    • character design: we've recruited a team of tribal head shrinkers to reduce the size of characters' head (just joking here but we received negative feedbacks from oversized characters' head on TURN DSiWare, and that was actually a true issue)
    • improved menu: TURN's menus are very strict and formal, they may not be what you actually expect in an iPhone game. We've realized that we've got still much to learn about GUI on that device.

What Loot won't feature:
    • Jumping: Damn, you can't jump in Loot... No please, don't kill bunny...
    • Breakable crates: I hope that won't cause mass suicides, but we had to cancel any Breakable Crates integration in Loot because of recent PETC (People for the Ethical Treatment of Crates) actions.

6. Zaz

Zaz Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Oh nooooo :(

Anyway, I'm really happy to see that you add OpenFeint and not only Facebook :)

7. Here comes the pretty!

[​IMG]

Let me introduce this handsome guy to you.

• Name: Mac Upidus
    • Weapon: Bow
    • Defence: Disarming smile, Runaway boots
    • Pet: Magpie
    • Likes: Caring for others, honesty, generosity (at least that's what he told us)
    • Dislikes: Cupidity, greediness, bad persons and liars (hmmm I'm beginning to be quite suspicious about his answers...)
    • Personnality: Loner, cunning, predictable usual suspect
    • Typical quote: "Don't worry, just lay and sleep. I'll take the first night watch turn."

He sure will be a nice hero to play with!

8. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Looks beautiful any releasedate info?
    A disarming smile is indeed good def.

9. Hi there!

We plan to release Loot next month or the other, we're quite busy here and we don't want to release something bad ;) We work with Unity and 3.0 release is coming soon, that's something we must take into account on this project.

I often use disarming smile, but I've been beaten several times by "angry glare", especially coming from women opponents... Damn!

10. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Bonjour!
    Looking forward to seeing more about this game.

11. Bonjour, puisque vous le demandez ce sera avec le plus grand plaisir... (since you ask for it, it's a pleasure)

Oh my God, it seems that poor Mac Upidus lost his texture! Wait... he may have sold it...

[​IMG]

This is a quick glance at what he will look like ingame.

By the way, he's not soaring, that's just how artists create their models for development use. Well, maybe his magpie may soar, but Mac Upidus doesn't have feathers. Except on that particular day when he was subject to a curious disease and was mysteriously covered with tar and feathers...
    Sometimes it's hard to always be the usual suspect.

12. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Teach me French Kcalb!

13. I wouldn't dare, it appears that French is such an horrible language to learn. Enfin c'est ce que les autres disent, moi je trouve ça plutôt facile à parler et écrire mais c'est peut être parce qu'il s'agit de ma langue maternelle ha ha ha :p

14. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Believe it or not, I used to be great at school. I picked up some of your sentence. The end, it reads something like the only reason I can speak it is because it's my mother tongue?

15. Hi everyone!

It's been quite a long time since I've not given you any news about Loot. My bad, I've been on vacations (at long last!) then I had to beaten up some people at the office to clean the mess caused by my absence. Then, after the wounded team's convalescence (too bad for them I don't know my own strength), we have been able to resume our work on the project; and finally here I am, knocking again on the Toucharcade forum's door.

We're now working actively on the game, implementing assets and level design in Unity.

Here's two gifts from the team. I want to show you more we are sometimes very shy about what we do. Your previous feedbacks have been a great help to convince us of sharing our work.

[​IMG]

This first one is a 3D model of a village house. Life can actually be nice and cosy in the Lands of Loot. Well, those wide open windows could prove to be appealling for any wandering thief.

[​IMG]

This second one is a concept artwork of the common cannon fodder enemy you will find in Loot: the goblin! These guys are ready to die for your entertainment. But actually, they won't give up without a fight, so be prepared! For Loot and Honor... but mostly for Loot!

See you soon for more news.

Cheers from France.

16. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Designs look great so far, thanks for the update. Looking forward to more info and video soon.

17. Thank you :)

More to come very soon.

18. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Hopefully sooner .... ;)

19. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK