Universal Battleheart (by Mika Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Nice so it sounds like the patch addressed the issues. I'm going to have to give it a try now. ;) Have had other games keeping me busy so I haven't been too concerned with starting Battleheart especially after hearing about the crash reports.

2. Bruno

Bruno Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Capital Markets
    Boston
    After the update, not even one crash.
    I did power reset though, just to make sure that I did whatever I could.
    The game is one of the best games of all time, that is for sure.
    Off course we can demand a lot of changes, if MikaMobile address any of them, it would be amazing, but to be honest, if they decide not to, the game will remains fantastic.
    I understand that some were on the fence about buying the game due to crash issues. Now that is no reason to.
    Nothing in your day costs less than the game, not even the toilet paper, so stop being cheapy and spend some money.
    Tons of fun!

3. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I might have missed this, but with the bard.... what does his attack do? i know it doesnt do damage but what kind of buff does it do? Thanks.

4. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    ACK!!!!

Ok so it still continues to crash on "Time-Lost Canyon"

My Monk died so it was just my Knight, Bard and Cleric left, I think it has something to do with the Cleric using "Group Heal" as a character is being attacked by a Red Slime.

iPod touch 2nd gen. iOS 4.2.1

5. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Bards attack value gets added to both target's attack and defense. Later, a skill lets the Bard add 50% more to either attack or defense rating. Its thus a VERY powerful buff . . . assuming your bard can stand still to give it. Bard does not provide any direct crowd control himself, so you have to structure your party and skills appropriately. While that is also true of the cleric, the cleric does have a personal shield, a shield that can be cast on others, and an AOE knockback. Of course, the bard has a powerful party-wide regenerative heal that can be cast, and which works while the bard runs, if he needs too. The cleric doesnt have that. Trade-offs! The bard is clearly better for boss farming, but beyond that, I think both are good.

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    As a non-programmer I am impressed by the developer's ability to identify and repair elusive crash bugs. In the world I imagine coding to be I think these would be difficult to patch up. It's a good product and nice to see the developers backing it as closely as this.

7. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    so ur saying the bards attack dmg gets added to whoever ur buffing?

8. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    If bard has 30 attack rating, buff target's attack value (call it x) becomes x+30 and his defense value (call it y) becomes y+30 -- subject to the skill that lets you increase either the attack or defense buff by 50%. So if you chose defense, it would be attack = x+30 and defense = x+45. Very powerful.

9. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    This is a rare gem of a game. I hope Mika Mobile keep working with these party mechanics, and use them in other games (such as a free-roaming party-based RPG with an extensive world and backstory).

A few questions on the mechanics:

• Every level grants one in attack and one in defense, right?
    • The health of the characters, is that explicitly expressed somewhere? Does it differ between classes? Or IS the health the defense? (I first assumed defense is soak/armor, since it increases with better equipment, but perhaps they are using a different health paradigm.)
    • The only differences between different characters of the same class are their name, backstory, and level, right? I noticed that with the same equipment, a level 5 Baelrosh and a level 5 Garrick has the same attack and defense values.

10. Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus Well-Known Member

Same here. I heard he was good, tried a level with him and all I noticed is that he had a special healing power, but don't have a clue of his normal attack is (buff, heal or what? Didn't seem like he was healing without the special power).

11. wolpak

wolpak Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    It looks like money starts to become useless in the end since everything you buy is permanant. Maybe in the future, adding restockable items to spend your hard earned cash on. Make them so you can equip only one item at a time and they have like a 30 second cooldown so you can't just spam a heal pot. More like an oh-crap button.

Oh, and a suggestion for an immediate change would be to allow only one type of trinket used by each player at a time. That way you can't double up, but you can use different tiers. Would make more trinket use and slightly more difficulty.

12. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I've noticed 2 bugs in this update, and both still involve null targets, i.e. your target has died, or most recently - the screen darkens and slows down for special attack sequences.

1 - If a unit spawns from the ground or drops from the screen (bats/skeles) and it's target evokes a special move during that window, the enemy will drop target and sit idle where it has spawned. It will not attack, but can be killed. This has happened twice, both times I was performed a special attack the moment they spawned.

2 - Drawing a line to a target, selecting it, and lifting your finger the moment they die has produced a crash for me. I've had this happened once, I didn't try to reproduce it, I was miffed at the crash. Basically, the moment I lifted my finger from directing my rogue to it's target, my witch's life drain had killed the target - this dumped me to the springboard.

13. Cydoval

Cydoval Active Member

Nov 18, 2010
    you should PM mika with this, Ive have been trying to figure out where my crashes come from and maybe this is it

14. wolpak

wolpak Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    I have had this happen 2 times. Didn't catch what did it, but makes sense.

Also, to go along with the arrows at the merchant, how about an E for people who have the item equipped (helps with trinkets) and an arrow up or down for trinkets that are a tier up from the trinket you are wearing.

15. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Thanks for the detailed report, x999x. Enemies getting "stuck" due to a well-timed fear or knockdown is something we found and fixed already in 1.0.3., good catch though.

A crash when releasing a line on a dying target isn't something I've been able to reproduce. It might be related to the issue we fixed yesterday, the witch's drain life is one of the abilities that has a short window during which a loss of target would cause a crash, so perhaps it was actually her ability that was the culprit?

16. aXess

aXess Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Just bought! Let's see what this buzz is all about!
    cheers

17. DLed the patch...still crashed and when I was REALLY far in one of the arenas. Talk about discouraging!

18. wolpak

wolpak Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Another small change that would be nice is to have a unit's avatar show when one of their cooldowns has completed. Maybe just blink or something like that to remind us to click on them, they are ready to whoop it up again.

19. porkchop

porkchop Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Mika any plans on adding more levels also maybe more skills?

20. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    What a great little game.

Lemme ask you guys (and I know there's probably a pretty simple solution to this...) but after I start unlocking character abilities, how do I actually use them in the game? I'm stuck with the starting two for every character, it seems.