Why is Kotaku so uninformed when it comes to iDevice games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by DannyV, Aug 10, 2009.

1. DannyV

DannyV Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Graphic Designer
    #1 DannyV, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
    I was browsing through Kotaku.com for the first time and saw that they had an iPhone section. So I decide to go through it and found so many articles that were just basically bashing the iPhone in a very uninformed manner. Like take this article for instance:

http://kotaku.com/5325067/madden-fifa-coming-to-iphone

"Wonder how they'll swing this? Obvious answer is some awful attempt at actual versions of the respective games. A pleasing answer would be that, via your EA account, both handheld titles are accompaniments to your console experience, and let you mess with management, tactics, player signings, etc. while on the road."

This paragraph is so ignorant it makes me laugh. They obviously don't know that there are games like Real Soccer 09, X2 Football, and NFL 2010 that work just fine on the iDevices. It just makes me upset because, they have a section for the iDevices on their site, but yet they're so uninformed about it. Also, why are they covering iPhone games if they're just going to bash them with every article they write? Some comments on the above article that I linked to are priceless. Here are some examples:

"I don't know how this can work in anyway besides top down."

"I could see Madden working, it'd have to be top down, plan your plays, execute them, drag players to run the the direction you want them too, I think it could work quite well. The idea of saving good plays and using them in our big brother console versions would be really good too."

LOL, just makes me laugh. Anyway, let me know what you guys think.

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    TouchArcade pays them a generous sum to churn out these types of reviews so that they look halfway decent :p

3. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Yes, folks at Kotaku are uninformed. Apparently most don't even own an iPhone/touch.

But then what do you expect?

It's Kotaku. :p

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The iPhone gaming buisiness isn't quite up there with the rest yet, despite the popularity of the app store in general. I don't blame major gaming websites for paying less attention to it, it just makes dedicated sites like this even better.