dungeon hunter or blade of fury??

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Aspargusman, Nov 9, 2009.

?

blade of fury or dungeon hunter

1. blade of fury

40.6%
  2. dungeon hunter

59.4%
  1. Aspargusman

Aspargusman Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    i have 8 dollars left... which one!!!!!

2. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

dungeon hunter of those two options, but I'd say wait for Ravensword! ;)

3. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i agree with der kleine though he might be a bit biased...:rolleyes:
    im not though and i genuinely think ravensword is the prime choice

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Maybe it's just me but I still think Ravensword looks too ambitious to work effectively... and if it works it'll be disappointingly short.

5. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Neither, wait for the good ones coming out like Chronicles of Inotia 2 or Zenonia 2.
    Blades of Fury has the worst voice acting ever, it's like they purposely made it this bad. It's comparable to the voice acting in House of the Dead 2. Also the game becomes repetitive and turns into a beat-them-up game in a while, since characters don't have many moves.
    Dungeon Hunter has lots of glitches, loads way too often and very long loading times, and there just isn't enough enemies. You'll get stuck on corners extremely often, and the movement is extremely jerky. It's hardly an action RPG, more of an adventure game like Zelda where you might meet 20 enemies in a dungeon, and gets extremely repetitive since each character has perhaps 3 attack moves that all look the same. Graphics is about the same level as Assassin's Creed I suppose. Personally I would prefer 2D sprites than crude 3D graphics.

6. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Hah don't listen to Aurora, they're just a GL hater. Don't go for Blades, while it is fun, I wouldn't choose it over DH. Definitely get DH, in contrast to what others may say, it was actually a fun RPG and it'll last you for a little while. And it just went on sale so that's all the more reason,

7. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

What right do you have to tell others not listen to me? Especially with something ridiculous like what you said. GL hater? Lol. I guess that makes you an ultra-GL-fanboi then just because you like ONE GAME from them? I have my personal opinions of the game, and so do you. Is your opinion of higher value than everyone else's? No, so stfu.
    And get your English right.

8. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Well considering that you always just post negatively when it comes to GL, thus turning away people from good games. Choose Zenonia over DH? Rofl. Sure because grinding is sooo much fun. Maybe if every post of yours I've read when it comes to GL wasn't negative, I wouldn't of said that, but, they are.

9. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Why are the forums filled with stupid posts like this.
    Here are some simple facts for you:
    - Whether or not a game is good is SUBJECTIVE; I like Zenonia better than Dungeon Hunter, got a problem with that? If you do, go and read the book titled Common Sense for Beginners
    - I always post negative when it comes to GL? Huh? Yeah maybe I disliked a few GL games (I could only think of two or three right now), that makes me completely negative about GL?
    - So everyone should like GL games just because you like them? o_O FYI no one cares if you like GL games

10. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I was asking myself the same thing about your posts..and yea, you are completely negative when it comes to GL, and you kinda just said so yourself. And if you would have read the OP's poll more closely, you might have seen that they were asking to choose between Blades or DH. Nowhere in there was Zenonia. But what did you do? Rather than offering your unbiased opinion, you instead chose to post everything negative about the games, instead of offering something constructive. Gg. Really helpful.

11. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Blades of Fury is no Soul Calibur (a little slow and floaty) but it's on of my favorite to play on the iPhone.

12. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    Judging from the poll I'm kind of alone here but I like Blades of Fury better. I like DH too, they are to of my fav's from GL, but I prefer BoF over DH. Ask yourself if you prefer Soul Caliber or Diablo, and should help you narrow it down.

13. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Dungeon Hunter, although I did enjoy both.

14. Sukal

Sukal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Voted for Blades of Fury

But worth checking out Hybrid: Eternal Whispers, It has more depth than either game combined.

15. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

The thing with dungeon hunter is, that every level has like 2 different types enemys (that usually look almost the same, but one is bigger than the other) and that makes the really boaring. then there's the fact that you can't walk off the path wich I really hate! :mad:

16. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Not liking two or three games from GL means completely negative about GL? Maybe that is the logic in the universe you come from, but too bad I don't have time to learn otherworldly logic.
    How about you read more carefully in the thread also before making a comment like that? Am I the only one who recommended to not get either DH or Blades of Fury? What does it matter to you that I liked neither? Not posting "omfg I'm so in love with DH!!!! Everyone must get this game or you must be a GL-hater!" is considered non-constructive?? Since when was criticism non-constructive? Read my first post more carefully next time, it's called criticism, in case you haven't heard of that term before. And I'd love to hear your comebacks to my comment. Does DH not have jerky controls? Does DH not get your character stuck on corners? Does DH not have limited enemy types, and not many enemies in each dungeon? Does DH not have very limited supply of character moves, especially ones that actually look different?
    Arguing with you is rather funny, as it's too easy.

17. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    luckily you can try the lite version of both games! :)

18. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Another vote for Blades of Fury. Dungeon Hunter is pretty impressive, but it was a single play through for me. BoF is a game that I fire up every couple of days and it's still a blast. Arta is right that it's no Soul Calibur, but I'm not sure if I would want to play a full-fledged Soul Calibur in any portable device (PSP included).

BTW, Aurora, I'm pretty sure the voice acting on BoF is awful on purpose. I know that it make me giggle every time I hear it. In any event, I agree that people shouldn't get on your case for expressing your opinion.

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Well, you're certainly a ball of positivity ;).

20. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    BoF is one of the most fun game I've had on my iPhone. It's the closest thing you get to Tekken (not really Soul Callibur).

While Dungeon Hunter isn't original, Zenonia isn't too. It's a straight rip-off of jRPG games, Zelda-wannabe with very repetitive gameplay and heavy grinding. Once you finish level 1, you know the rest of it. It's exactly the same thing over and over. Weak story doesn't help either.

Dungeon Hunter has a weird angle and that itself is enough to hurt my eyes. It is one of the best looking games for the iPhone and the many different environment make you feel like you're having a nice adventure progression. If you like Diablo, you'll like it. But I'd say it's what Zenonia is to Zelda, a poor wannabe attempt that has the looks but not the soul.