Universal Temple Run 2 - (by Imangi)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Cheaper is better. :D

2. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I got a good bit of fun out of the original and still play it occasionally, so I will definitely be downloading this tonight. I'm looking forward to it.

3. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    Coin doubler IAP in NZ store shows price of $6.49. :confused: It's pricey, but undoubtedly, they can get that kind of money.

This does have some nice changes and I'll give this a look later tonight.

4. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    It's $6.49 in NZ, which is what most higher-end games cost; in most games with a "doubler" feature, you're looking at $1.29 or $2.59 at most, so this one was a bit of a shock.

On a completely unrelated note, Pitfall's mine cart ride is still more visceral and enjoyable than TR2's, especially for those who love Temple of Doom. ;)

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    AH!!!!

Holy hot chicken balls, this looks great!!!

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nyahahaha! Downloading nao!!!

7. toythatkills

toythatkills Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Thames Ditton, UK
    Some really nasty looking pop-up (or "fade in") in Sanuku's video. Is that noticeable when you're playing it or is it okay since your eyes are elsewhere?

8. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Jealous!

9. MrGreed

MrGreed Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Hey guys I have been super busy and actually moved to the caribbean for a few months and have not been keeping up with game releases...

Have there been any good endless runners released in the past 2 months?

My last obsession was Subway Surfers and have not been able to get back into it after I lost all my progress thru erasing a device...

I will definitely check this runner out tonight at midnight but just wanted to see if anyone could recommend a nice runner to occupy my time

Keep up the good work guys saved me tons of money and put me onto tons of great games!

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Dooooooooooood.

This is what i expected of a sequel. Definitely an upgrade from the first.

One thing i noticed above all is that everything moved too fast. I mean everything. You run faster from the start, you get coins faster from the start, you unlock stuff faster, etc.

I unlocked Barry Bones (15000 coins) in under 15 minutes having only the Coin Doubler purchased. How cool is that! :D

My only gripe is that IAP abusers will definitely get ahead on leaderboards using and abusing the use of revives.

Also... To the Temple Run veterans... In this sequel, they removed the "camera angle change" when sliding under obstacles, which was more of the Subway Surfers style. Not a bad change, but kinda odd since they had the angle change in TR1 and TR:Brave.

Another thing to notice is the farther view. The camera is just farther and higher, which is probably to compensate for the insane speeds this sequel starts you off and sends you into.

Overall a great sequel, worthy of the title Temple Run.

11. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Played this for hours and the overall feeling I have is that I am running in circles, getting nowhere, needs more environments ASAP... everything else is very good: hi speed, fast unlocking and all EP said above...

12. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    I set up a NZ account to get this this morning to play on the commute to work, and its great.

People call this game a Freemium title? Only to those who want to cheat in my eyes.

Part of the fun is unlocking the power ups by playing, rather than spending real money on coins to get them right away.

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Duh... It is freemium by definition.

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Cheat ? Says the person who 'cheated' and set up a NZ account ! ;)

Yes in a perfect world you spend a lot of the time unlocking the power ups by playing, on the other hand with games coming out weekly and people with 200+ games on their device if a game doesnt grab them straight away they may want to buy an IAP to quickly move forward (modern day cheat), I dont find anything wrong with that.

I often want to finish a game quick so i can then delete it and free up space, if i'm stuck at a certain point i 'may' buy an IAP.

15. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Gem revives is a terrible idea, but other then that it is great.

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It is a baaaaad idea. I bet most of those on top of the leaderboards are abusers.

17. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    "Cheat" is perhaps a strong word. The developers include the option so it's not like those who hacked Crazy Taxi within 24 hours to lead the Game Center boards with $999,999,999 scores.

Still, does anyone with an iPad 3 find the frame rate a little juddery? On my 4S it's fine, and if the iPad 3 can run NFS Most Wanted at a solid frame rate, it's more than capable of running this smoothly.

A little optimisation please, Imangi?

18. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    You don't need to pay to access extra levels or future sections of the game. You can play the game entirely for free and earn the coins, it doesn't depend on using IAP.

19. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    Imangi is stepping up its game.
    Downloading... :D

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I agree... It isnt as smooth on the ipad3 as compared with on the 4S.