Universal Heroes of Order & Chaos - Multiplayer Online Game - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 20, 2012.

1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    So we established this is instaget?

2. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    All heroes through gameplay? That's the bestest of bestest news!

Are all shop items purchaseable through the in-game currency/ies, or is there anything beyond visual customization which requires real-world money?

killercow's reply kinda places it in the instaget-and-tell-all-my-friends-and-badger-them-until-they-download camp for me.

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Ok sounds good lol. Guess online only as well

4. Trayray

Trayray Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Solo Mode

Game looks amazing. Can anyone tell me about solo mode and bots? Can you set up your own teams in solo mode? For example can we make our own 3 v 3 team? Thanks.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    w00t! Out on the PH appstore... Downloading now!

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Some Units are so damn weak...It just did remember me why I don`t play overall any Moba anymore.

7. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#27 killercow, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    As far as I can see no, the in game shop is only with the money you get in that match. you can get some experience or talent points multiplier but they just speed up the game. One thing to note though is that gameloft's iap are still ridiculously overpriced. Some heroes can cost up to 10 euros... It's really not the kind of thing that makes me want to support them. (you can get some gems through tapjoy)

There's a solo mode with bots, a custom game option and an automatic matchmaking between 3vs3 or 5vs5

There's also a very interesting replay feature, at the end of every match you can watch a replay and save it. The player lets you rewind, accelerate, pause and even move freely the camera to watch every nook and cranny of that match. Pretty neat.

All in all after one match i can feel like this is a game that will find a huge community, it's well made, it seems deep and controls well even if there's one big flaws with the controls: you can't deactivate tap to move even with the joystick on. So sometimes you'll tap an enemy or a virtual button and you'll end up moving there.

Nothing really game breaking but really stupid. You can gain more emblems by doing a lottery (you get a free one each 6 hours) or through gems. Heroes' prices range between 950 emblems and 24000 knowing that an unfinished match (the opposing team quit) was worth 100 emblems. you can get some more by posting on facebook twitter and you get 1000 of them when you first login.

The game currently has 30 heroes with 6 being free.

8. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Something to definitely look forward to. I love that it's free, but in the end people will pay more money for freemium items.

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This is what i was worried about, but if the game picks up, im sure they will amke constant changes to balance it out

10. Tortimer

Tortimer Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Seaside, Oregon
    is there a friends list or guilds/clans?

11. AppleFan12

AppleFan12 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    USA
    Sorry to ask again, but can you zoom in closer to the action or is that the only perspective you get in your video?

12. Trayray

Trayray Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Thanks. Can't wait for it!

13. AppleFan12

AppleFan12 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    USA
    Guilds are there, saw it in the newest Sanuku video

14. killercow

yes, the friend list is managed through gameloft's network and you can create guild for 2000 emblems. you can also create a party with your friend to search for a game. This is done through an overlay (a small window on the right) and not the full gameloft live clunky thing that i'm used to.

15. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

#35 strivemind, Nov 20, 2012
    Yuck. Is there not some way to use Game Center friends?

Also on balance. This is going to be key, and only time will tell. Hopefully it's well enough done that most of the 30 heroes will be viable. IMHO, League of Legends has done a fantastic job of that.

Edit: Oh dang. Just browsed through Sanuku's menu video, and saw one little game-breaker... Item runes. The one shows here is the Rune of Revival, which is consumable and lets you respawn instantly. Seen around 2:30

16. killercow

Nope no game center integration at all. Also i was wrong the friend list is game specific here, so you need to add everyone. You can add, blacklist or view recent players.

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah... LOL's balanced except for new champs which get nerfed right away on the next versions.

18. killercow

#38 killercow, Nov 20, 2012
    Those are gained and cannot be bought directly with gems. You can have some with the slot minigame.

19. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Hey at least they're constantly working on it. I've played MMO's and MOBA's that have had broken balance for years.

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Seriously? It's all rainbows and sh*t and then we find out there's an IAP gamebreaker? Oh gameloft. o_O