Universal Blazing Souls Accelate (HyperDevBox) - SRPG

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by undeadcow, Mar 9, 2013.

1. HyperDevbox

HyperDevbox Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Game development studio
    Tokyo
    Thanks so much for the kind comments Sheinfell!

You make some excellent points. A FAQ can help a lot with this game. We've also heard from many players that this location map:
    http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/3328/blazingsouls.png
    helps a lot when searching for new areas.

Also, if you plan on synthesizing masterpieces, this document could help quite a bit: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqxNf_uRzrCzdDRzcUs4RHFNQWtnbmZQYXlIUDVSOVE&authkey=CPXZi6sO&hl=en&authkey=CPXZi6sO#gid=43

Which Blazing Souls FAQ did you end up using?

2. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    #82 Sheinfell, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
    Thanks for the map and itemlist, those will come in handy.
    While there is no real FAQ on Gamefaqs, the board http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959937-blazing-souls-accelate has quite a lot of information, e.g. 2 lists that explain which paths to take for the true ending.
    For now I am just playing without any guide, I want to explore the game for myself as far as possible.

Oh, and is there any ingame info (or outgame, if not) how the original skills work? A few suddenly become available for use during a battle, but I have no idea why.

3. mikky

mikky Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Great game and pretty fun to play if you love games like final fantasy tactics, but I do wish that they'll add a jp voice option update later as some characters need better voice acting

4. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    That Gamefaqs board has a ton of helpful information, downside is you really need to wade through it and bookmark the good stuff:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959937-blazing-souls-accelate

There is also a link to an autotranslated very indepth Japanese Wiki. Will post it tomorrow.

@Hyperdevbox:
    Without *a lot* of that info, the game is much less enjoyable.
    Example: I found a post there, explaining how to go about monsterhunting and to just be patient in the beginning. A few hours later I am on a good roll, and happily catching and combining monsters: Busybusy with sidequesting in favour of the storyline, and having lots of fun with it ;)

@Hyperdevbox: Could you put at least some of that info (e.g. percentage formula for success at monster capture, or Alchemy lists) up somewhere? Say, on wikia.com, or your own site?

I simply don't have the time to do something as huge as this.

5. HyperDevbox

Jul 12, 2012
    Game development studio
    Tokyo
    Oh @Sheinfell if we had that information readily available... :)

The in-game tutorial stuff is a lot to wade through as well. But it does have some basic information regarding the monster hunting. The section under Battle/Summon and Town/Beast Den which points most beginners in the right direction (if they find it). But beyond the basics, it could have a lot more detailed info.

Even the original PSP documentation is pretty sparse:
    http://web.archive.org/web/20101214055531/http://the1johnson.com/misc/bsmanual.pdf
    "Synthesizing monsters caught in battle will result in new monsters. Synthesized monsters can be summoned during battles."
    and
    "...Summoned monsters will only stay in battle for five turns, after which they will leave the battlefield. Initially, you are only able to summon one monster during battle, but with the right alias equipped you’ll gain the ability to summon up to six monsters in a single battle."

Yet, you seem like you're already on the right track, on the same boards:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959937-/57919899

This poster sums up monster hunting quite well :)

6. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    @Hyperdevbox:
    Thanks for the feedback, and for the link to the original manual.
    Too bad you do not have that information yourself, a homepage with all of it compiled would be very nice.
    The Gamefaqs forum is great, I have like 30 bookmarks for interesting stuff already, and still 20 pages to go through.

Question: Any chance that you can disable the annoying sound for menu actions in a future update? Or add an option to do so?

7. HyperDevbox

Jul 12, 2012
    Game development studio
    Tokyo
    @Sheinfell as for the sound... it's definitely a possibility in the future. Although, any time we change/add/remove anything in the game must go through a long, arduous approval process, so I can't promise anything! But we'll look into it ;)

8. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Apple's approval process, or your own? ;)
    Was on holiday and just returned today. Nice to see you are checking this. I know it is not always easy to change anything in a port, but still would be great if you could rework the menu action sound. I got quite a few hours piled up on BSA, and by now I am mostly playing with sound off, because the constant "bliuuw" (or however you want to describe the soundeffect) gets very annoying very fast.

9. Sylvr

Sylvr Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    please add icade support! i would love to have a solid rpg that i could play HDMI'd out with my icade controller. i wouldnt hesitate to buy or recommend this one if you added it, same for your other souls game/s

10. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    On sale for any interested!

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Does this have MFi support, or is Agarest Zero the only HDB title that does?

12. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I just wanted to say THANK YOU for adding MFi support!! It's just GREAT playing Agarest Zero with my MOGA, and I bought Spectral Souls and this over XMAS, haven't gotten to them yet (I'm trying to finish Agarest before I dive into the Souls universe...), but I am definitely looking forward to it!

Bwahaha... Thanks again!!

13. DTK

DTK Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Marketing
    Berlin Germany
    Why you give only 1 star rate for this great game?