Help me find this specific TYPE of RPG

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Spiral75, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

okay TA folks. I am probably one of the few RPG fanatics who really didnt get into the Infinity Blade series. I DO like the combat style. What I am looking for is something with that type of combat style BUT with more RPG elements. Infinity Blade to me is a bit more point-and-click then I prefer. What I would love, is Infinity Blade meets Dungeon Hunter. Like a run around and kill stuff type game with levelup's, loot, etc. can anyone make some good suggestions?

2. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I am the same my all time favorite is reaper tale of a pale swordsman, if you like an old school hack n slash with lots of loot I suggest daggervale it has a cool system of being able to sell items to other players try the free version first to make sure you like it you can go all the way down to level 10 and by that point you will know exactly what the game is all about magic rampage is an awesome game too I found out about it when I posted here looking for other games similar to reaper

3. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Try The Quest by Redshift + expansions for it by Zarista games if you love first person rpgs with very,very deep rpg systems.It's a masterpiece if you have not heard about it yet.It's so big that I cannot even truly describe it.

4. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Horn has the same mechanics but is more story-driven. Might be up your alley.

5. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    The only game which comes to my mind is Bloodmasque from Square Enix. It has been pulled from the German AppStore so I'm not sure if it's still available in other countries.
    But yeah, Infinity Blade Combat, free roaming and rpg mechanics.

6. Spiral75

THANKS all for the suggestions. BUT im not looking for a game like Quest. I am looking for a game with modern graphics (like Infinity Blade) with that same style combat system. BUT with more RPG / hunting type elements. I tried to redownload Bloodmasque but their server is offline. Another game I love (but already beat) is Dark Meadow. So....any more suggestions?

7. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Beast Quest...maybe?
    There is also Horn, which doesnt has any deep rpg mechanics though.

8. Spiral75

One I DID find is "Rage of the Gladiator" but so far, like Infinity Blade, it just seems like fight after fight. I guess what I was hoping to find was like a Dungeon Hunter / Aralon type game with Infinity Blade combat mechanics

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah... Beast Quest and Horn are the closest to what you're looking for.

You may also like Bladeslinger.

10. Spiral75

Ahh Bladeslinger. I remember trying this a while back when my taste in games was a bit different. Gonna give it a 2nd go!

11. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Maybe even Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

12. Spiral75

I dont know why but I didn't really dig the controls