Best Games Of The Last 2 Months

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by diffusion8r, Oct 23, 2009.

1. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    The last 2 months hav been the biggest in terms of app store releases for a while. Great games have been released - maybe even a few best games of all time (iPhone, of course). So what are your favourite 3 or so?

Mine, with reasons:

1. Hook Champ (by a mile imo)
    This game really surprised me. I picked it up because of a sale and the positive reaction, and instantly fell in love. Everything is so great about this game and the developers are possibly the best and most active I've seen in a while. With so much potential to be added to an already perfect game, I am very happy.

----------
    A MASSIVE Gap
    ----------

2. Soosiz
    This game, although I did expect it to be the best thing to happen to the App STore EVER, I guess I was disappointed, but it still is a damn fine game. Easily the best platforming game, with perfect graphics and controls. Just needs for things to play for, IMO. Secrets, rewards for medals are needed. And extra friends.

3. Joint Between iBlast Moki/Meteor Blitz/Bloons TD

3 games on third...they are all equally good.

iBM: The first real puzzle game to properly hook me. Great gameplay, but the final levels are too hard and the level creator needs a bit of tweaking.

Meteor Blitz: Although I've found it to be perfect in every level for a shooter, I just haven't got round to properly playing it. Possibly because the leaderboards are so daunting to attempt to get up them.

Bloons TD: My favourite flash game becomes my favourite iPhone TD. Simple as.

2. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    iBlast Moki
    geoDefense Swarm
    Galcon Labs
    Edge came back :)

3. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    madden
    fifa
    cocoto kart
    TTR 3
    Rock Band
    BackBreaker Football
    Shrek Kart

just to name a few

4. Bok Choy

Bok Choy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Student
    Soosiz, Cocoto Kart, ATV Offroad, Boom Brigade, Canabalt... there are more but I think those are my top faves.

5. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Besides the ones that were mentioned I'd add Boost 3D to the list.