OtherGreatGames.com helps marketing game-apps, now open

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by MarcoIGames, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Hi there,

I always wanted to have a service to help me with the marketing of my game-apps. Not finding the right one, I decided to build my own.

With setting up a special "other great games"-screen within a game which showcases up to 6 other games linked to the iTunes-Store, the developer will get his own game being showcased within other games. (Just like those banner-exchanges a few years ago)

For every player, who gets to see that screen, the developer will earn credits to show his own games to 4 players of other games in exchange.

For now, I´d like to hear, what other developers think about it.

2. DomAjean

DomAjean Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Hello,

I think it is a great idea. It would be cool to see like 3 screenshots that visually explain how it works. Or even better, a promotion video that you put on Youtube, blogs etc.

I will talk about it to the others to know what they think...

Good luck with this, sounds like a cool idea :)

Dominic

3. Hi Dominic,

thank you for your feedback. I will add some screenshots shortly, you are right - the two screens in the article image are way too small.

Cheers
    Marco

4. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    I'm not sure how you plan on balancing this out.

You show 6 apps in your ads, and receive 4 credits. This means you're showing more ads than you're giving credits for, which means you're running out of ads to show eventually.

Are the other 2 apps being displayed paid advertisements or give aways or reserved for other methods?

5. That´s right, the other 2 credits will be reserved for partly own games to help finance the system and to give away as free startup credits for new users.