... and yet another audio guy!

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by SilentBob_Audio, Dec 19, 2011.

1. SilentBob_Audio

Dec 19, 2011
    Freelance Sound Designer
    Tuebingen/Germany
    Hello there!

My name is Felix Zirwes and I am a professional sound designer and composer based in Germany with lots of experience with working remotely for international developer teams.
    I have completed the audio for several iOS projects this year already, so I do know the challenges of creating audio for this platform like memory limitations or playback via the mobile's speakers etc. My abilities go much further than just the creation of the audio files though - I am also familiar with the implementation of audio in various game engines including the UDK and sharing my work using version control tools like SVN. Besides that I have been working as an audio engineer at local recording studios, and I have several years of work experience within international QA teams at companies like Electronic Arts and Crytek.

You will find my demo reels, testimonials, CV and much more infos at
    http://www.silentbob.eu

So, thank you very much for reading another thread with shameless self promotion - I am looking forward to hearing back from all of you!

Kind regards

2. DomAjean

DomAjean Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Hello,

Nice job you did with the sound design for the game Qube! I have been following this game for a while now and saw the review on www.jeuxvideo.com :)

Your portfolio is an inspiration for me and I wish you good luck with your future projects!

Dominic

3. SilentBob_Audio

Dec 19, 2011
    Freelance Sound Designer
    Tuebingen/Germany
    Salut Dominic,

ca va?

Thanks a lot for the kind words, very appreciated!

Working on QUBE was quite a challenge indeed due to the very tight deadline. Thanks for the link with the review; my french is terrible, but apparently they did like the game ;-)

I see you are based in Montreal - well, a former work mate of mine is working in Montreal now; if I ever should make it over the pond to visit my pal, we could have a beer or two then :)

Cheers

4. DomAjean

DomAjean Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Salut :p

Yea sure ;) my skype is domlajean

Keep up the good work!

Dominic

5. SilentBob_Audio

Dec 19, 2011
    Freelance Sound Designer
    Tuebingen/Germany
  6. SilentBob_Audio

Dec 19, 2011
    Freelance Sound Designer
    Tuebingen/Germany
    The Indie Fund, which were supporting my last project QUBE with fundings has released now a quite interesting statement on their site including metrics and sales of this project and their role in it - could be of interest for some of you indie devs out there!

7. SilentBob_Audio

Dec 19, 2011
    Freelance Sound Designer
    Tuebingen/Germany
    Cheeky Mammoth have announced their upcoming iOS title Cutlass Cove where I was responsible for all sound FX; the first gameplay video looks pretty promising, so check it out!

8. SilentBob_Audio

Dec 19, 2011
    Freelance Sound Designer
    Tuebingen/Germany
    Here's Cheeky Mammoth's Cutlass Cove - a great looking game with Pirates, Voodoo and sinking as many ships as possible; all sound design done by me by the way, yarrrrhh :)