Spellsword - BETA TESTERS wanted

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Everplay, Mar 31, 2012.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    LMMFAO.... This is too great...

2. DaGreen1

DaGreen1 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Florida
    I'm just crossing my fingers hoping it's a cruel and unfunny April Fools Joke.

3. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    The single one event today I didn't think of April Fools with [every single other one I thought of it being an April Fools joke]....well, I definitely hope this is one....[bad part for the devs though is if it is none of the testers will be playing their game today :p]

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Sorry, I think it's hilarious that with TN, they ignored their supporters for so long... Then what other supporters they still had, they wound up bricking their devices...

Too funny... Great though, cause I've had a pretty crappy day... And this just made everything well again.

**to the people effected... I'm sorry... Your situation isn't what I'm finding humor in.

5. Everplay

Everplay Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Yes, this was a terrible, terrible Joke that someone at our office thought would be funny.

They are now seeking new employment if you enjoy their sense of humor.

6. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    BETA TESTERS:

We are receiving your feedback, but we are unable to respond to your emails or postings. We are only informed. Don't worry, we read EVERYTHING you send through the feedback area.Thanks for all the help and hard work.

To OTHERS WHO WANT TO BETA:

We haven't stopped recruiting, so more will be recruited Monday during normal business operational hours (for whoever still uses those...)

7. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Is this a joke too or did you actually fire someone for trolling your beta testers?

8. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    ...are you serious?

9. DaGreen1

Mar 9, 2012
    Florida
    #49 DaGreen1, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
    Just deleted it, and it's fine. So it does seem to be a rather inappropriate joke.

I hope you edit your posting, because you now have a lot of beta testers who are freaking out.

Threatening the devices of Beta Testers isn't a great idea, and I do hope that guy who was canned is thinking long and hard about what is funny, and what isn't.

Releasing a build replacing the main character with NyanCat is funny.
    Telling us our devices might be bricked due to the game, isn't.

10. DaGreen1

Mar 9, 2012
    Florida
    Well, the developer has apologized, but I haven't seen any activity since last night. Granted, it's Monday, but still.

It's a fun and addictive game. I find myself continually playing it.

11. Daver16

Daver16 Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Yeah I have nothing but good things to say about this game!!

12. DaGreen1

Mar 9, 2012
    Florida
    Another issue. When you get to the point where the character has glasses on, saying that he's looking good. Maybe he should buy a new amulet or what not. The text goes out of the box and onto the main game, and looks unfinished.

13. Bparker

Bparker Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    Necklace double hearts is spelled wrong like double Hart

14. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Yes it was actually a serious question. Is that a problem? Shall we continue speaking in questions?

15. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Here is what happened: A member at Everplay decided to APRIL FOOLS the Everplay PR person by posting a April Fools Joke on the forums that would be a nightmare to deal with for the PR person...They simply logged in and made that claim so that the PR person would get stuck handling the fallout.... They have succeeded...

Again - Many apologies for the panic it may have caused. That was, by no means, intentional on the official side of things.

16. knighthalo123

knighthalo123 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    so does that mean that the beta is fine? and you can continue sending out beta invites cause i would love to have one :D

17. DaGreen1

Mar 9, 2012
    Florida
    #57 DaGreen1, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
    If you mean "will running or deleting the game ruin my device?" The answer is, no, it will not ruin your device. I tested it and deleted it, the game runs fine. It was a poor april fools joke by a former everplay employee as the EverPlay account has stated in a previous post.

Not trying to sound like a dick, but I don't know how to word it any better.

18. emdash

emdash Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2012
    artist / Art Director
    Oakland, CA
    Whew, glad I didn't read this thread over the weekend! I'd have stopped playing if I thought that there was even a chance of something weird happening to my iPhone (although of course the note was posted on April 1st...)

But anyhow, I did get to play - thanks for including me! It's a fun game!
    I just sent your testFlight account a long e-mail of comments and notes. Please let me know if you didn't get them, or if you would prefer folks to post them here to this thread for all to see.
    Cheers!

19. Raphie123

Raphie123 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Awwwww I wish I could have been included in the Beta Test of this game, it looks really nice :( But well, there's still some slight chances, no?