Game Maker Studio Standard $49 -> Free

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by ScotDamn, Feb 23, 2014.

1. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
  2. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    #2 ScotDamn, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    I just installed it. It appears at first as you're getting the always free restricted version, but upon installing and launching it, you can select between 3 versions. The always free, then the Studio Standard (normally $50) says free and ask for an email instead of a license key. You can upgrade to pro for $35 from this offer. So it seems legit.

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Yes it's legit. There was a similar sale a few months ago, that was when I got the Standard edition

4. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Strange, I check out the official site and the Standard version asks for US$49.99. Why so?

5. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    #5 ScotDamn, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
    I suggest you read my above comment sir. ;)

Click this link. It'll take you to the deal. The first link on that page brings you to the download. It says download for Studio. Once installed and launched, you have 3 options. One is for the always free studio, one is for the standard (which will show free) and one is for professional. Instead of a license key, you just enter your email.

Edit: After entering your email, they email you the license key to unlock Studio Standard.

6. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Thanks ScotDamn. Appreciate it.

7. waderain

waderain Active Member

Feb 3, 2013
    yuma, az
    Works for Mac to. After you install and get the serial for Windows version use the same serial for the Mac version, seems to be working so far.

8. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
  9. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I think we can forgive someone sharing a FIFTY DOLLAR deal for putting it in the "wrong" area, given that most of us probably would not have seen it in the "right" one.

10. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    No Problem! :)

Hey! I've seen these deals here before! :D

11. sbxsat

sbxsat Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Anyone try making a game yet? Am very tempted to make one but do not have time. Just wondering how easy it would be for someone with zero coding knowledge.

12. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Cool find. Thanks for the heads up about it. I don't see the big deal with this being here. Even TA puts up the occasional post about a PC game going free on GOG... I think a program that allows game development (and even has iOS support) is something worth spreading the word about.

13. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I have come up with a great idea about a young bird, just a normal bird like any other who one day embarks on a quest to put together the pieces of the triforce and defeat an ultimate evil.

I am going to call it 'The Legend of Flappy Zelda'

its going to be epic.

14. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Windows only. Darn.

15. wingsofdestiny89

wingsofdestiny89 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2012
    SG
    Will you be adding a $899.90 Flappy Triforce Pack as IAP?

16. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I dont roll that way. Im one of the good ones. You can get a Rupee doubler for $4.99, and will add some nitfy content maybe, like a $99 season pass for The Legend of Zelda: A Flap to the Past' and 'The Legend of Zelda: Flapparina of Time'

17. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Fully agree. I've downloaded and registered for the free version this morning, and will check it tonight and think about going pro for $35, since that's also discounted from the normal $99. Afterwards, if I learn to do something, I can buy the iOS export license for $199, another iOS dev license from Apple ($100?), publish it and become rich... Or lose $335 :p

18. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I messed around with it last night. There's a great tutorial that walks you through making your first game and plenty more that progress in difficulty. After completing the tutorial, I can see the simplicity in this software. Pretty neat!

19. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Apparently it works for Mac as well. :)

20. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    #20 CygnetSeven, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    You have to launch the app to get the key and Mac can't launch an exe file. Also to download the Mac version you have to pay at the website before download.