Final Fantasy Agito XIII coming to the idevices?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BrainGame, Feb 20, 2010.

1. BrainGame

BrainGame Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Nurse
    Philippines
    #1 BrainGame, Feb 20, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
    Final Fantasy Agito XIIIWith the release of Final Fantasy XIII mere weeks away, Square Enix is already turning its attention to other titles in the franchise. The Fabula Nova Crystallis moniker given to all games under the Final Fantasy XIII banner includes PS3-exclusive Final Fantasy Versus XIII and PSP card-battling game Final Fantasy Agito XIII.

Add an iPhone and iPod touch version of Final Fantasy Agito XIII to that list.

According to my sources, the PSP version is still very much on the books - PSP has been selling like hotcakes (or okonomiyaki, if you will). Wade across the Pacific, though, and PSP isn't faring so well. In fact, sales have been so bad and the outlook so bleak that Square Enix feels an iPhone and iPod touch version will sell better in the US.

Hence an iPhone and iPod touch iteration of Final Fantasy Agito XIII. There's discussion about potentially broadening the wi-fi multiplayer features to support 3G network play on iPhone, but my sense of the situation is that it's unlikely to happen. Instead, the iPhone version will fall much in line with the PSP edition with obvious tweaks to accommodate the touchscreen.

No release date has been set for either version of the game, though I'm hoping for autumn.

source: pocketgamer

2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
  3. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    what type of game is it?
    is it a turn-based RPG or action or what?
    sorry for my ignorance :p

4. BrainGame

BrainGame Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Nurse
    Philippines

thanks for providing the link... i forgot. hehehe... :D

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Here's the write up from Wikipedia.

6. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Thanks for sharing the good news. This one is going to be dope! :cool:

insta buy!

7. Suzuku

Suzuku Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Well, first of all it isn't a card game. Second of all I'm not sure if I can believe this especially since Squeenix killed cell phone development for the game and moved it to the PSP in the first place. Given, iPhone is much more powerful than a regular cell phone but I'm not sure Squeenix would put out a release of this magnitude for it just yet. I don't know what to say if it happens though... since I have a PSP I'd probably just stick with it unless Square just doesn't release it over here on the PSP. But if they do end up doing this I want **** Kingdom Hearts: coded to be announced for iPhone as well.

8. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    i hope it comes, i've been waiting for Agito XIII since like 2008

9. Attac4

Attac4 Member

Feb 19, 2010
    i hope it comes:D:D

10. gigidey

gigidey Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    I wouldn't be suprised if SE picked the mobile game back up, and plans to put it out on the iPhone.

11. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    I doubt it will happen in the near future. I mean, it's taken SE this long to announce FF1 and 2. Still, they're welcome to prove me wrong.

12. soupbandit

soupbandit Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2010
    student
    It's won't be coming...

13. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    #13 GDSage, Feb 20, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
    If the article writers 'sources' were that good, he should have been told what the game is because it ain't a card-battling one. The game is a Monster Hunter clone (albeit of an action-RPG variety than the action game that is MH), or rather it was turned into one once its original development as a cellphone game was dropped and the project shifted to PSP. It supports three-player co-op, a feature added with the game being built around it specifically to target the near four million Monster Hunter players in Japan.

If such an Agito was to come to the App store, it would be the original premise (that being the turn-based card-battling one) and not the Agito on PSP.

14. Suzuku

Suzuku Member

Nov 24, 2009
    #14 Suzuku, Feb 21, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
    Agito isn't an action-RPG. It takes advantage of the ATB and draw/junctioning systems while laying out four set of commands relegated to individual buttons. The iPhone could actually handle this by simply having users tap on the command rather than pressing the button it's set to. The closest Agito comes to being an action-RPG is letting you control where the characters run to during battle, and that's really not so complicated that you couldn't do it on the iPhone.

15. BlazeX444

BlazeX444 Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    idc, just bring it already! we also need a kingdom hearts on iphone.