Mega Mall Story (down to $1.99)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Appletini, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Price dropped in celebration of Grand Prix Story's release. Get to it. ^_-

2. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    #2 dib, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
    Already did--the night it hit the store. I'm happy to support a developer at full price when they avoid IAPs, ads, and plastering their game with promos for their other products. The sad part is such developers are rare on the app store.

So far it may be my favorite of the bunch. It's certainly the most accessible--if I wanted to introduce somebody to the Kairosoft line and they were unfamiliar with them or even sims in general, this would be the one I would choose. The formula is especially streamlined in this game; the balance is more user-friendly than any of the past games; and the effects of one's management are more immediate.

I didn't care for Hot Springs and never completed a full game of Pocket Academy, but this one brought me back. It's also especially fulfilling just because sim tower games are so popular with the IAP developers, who balance their games in accordance with their accounting principles. Mega Mall is what happens when a real developer takes such a model, then excises all the explotation bullshit and focuses on making it fun and entertaining. You know--like it's a video game and not a tip jar with a UI.

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Don't have it? Go get it now! Imho best kairosoft game :) among with gds of course.

4. VelvetKevorkian

VelvetKevorkian Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    When did the price drop? It looks like its back up again.....im confused.

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Maybe it hasn't changed yet...

I actually enjoyed Pocket Academy, but Mega Mall is my favorite. Grand Prix Story.... not really liking it...

6. VelvetKevorkian

VelvetKevorkian Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Ahh kk, now its back. On Appshopper it was saying that it changed from 1.99 to 3.99 today. Back to 1.99 now though. I guess for some reason it was jumping back and forth. But now I have my 1.99 mega mall story...so all is good :p

7. bagofeyes

bagofeyes Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Australia
    Great game

8. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Was gonna get it but there are reviews that indicate that there's a problem where the CD store just shows up as a White rectangle. Does anybody know whether Kairosoft are likely to fix it with an update?

9. Juuicetin

Juuicetin Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    I had the problem with the white rectangle for the CD Store and it is a pretty minor bug. It doesn't detract much from the game since there are so many different stores and you can play the game exactly the same without the aesthetic store front of the CD Store.

I would recommend just getting the game if you were interested in it because they haven't even fixed the flickering training menu glitch/bug with Grand Prix Story which is a much bigger problem.

10. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Down again for celebration of Oh Edo Town.