iPad pro - would it break any compatibility with older apps?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jorlen, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Hey guys.

I've got an opportunity to upgrade my Air 2 to a Pro (9.7") for a good price so I might do it.

My only concern is if getting the pro would break older games that may not have been recently updated.

As far as I can tell the only big difference is the processor A9X vs A8X I think. But processor can be a big deal. Then again I don't know what I'm talking about which is why I'm asking you guys.

2. Mariko

Mariko Well-Known Member

May 19, 2016
    I recently upgraded from an iPad 2 to a 12.9" iPad Pro about a month ago. As far as compatibility with older apps, I haven't really had any real problems of note.

3. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    If you're on the latest iOS currently and all of your games work, it should be the same on the pro. Happy gaming!

4. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    #4 Jorlen, Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    Thanks to you both for your answers!

Mariko - How do you find the extra size? I initially had an ipad mini and loved the weight as I held it in my hand, but then I wanted the extra screen size and got the ipad air 2. It felt a bit heavy when holding. Does the 12.9 add to that awkwardness at all? Do you hold it sometimes while you play or is it always table top?

edit:
    12.9-inch Wi-Fi: 713 g (1.572 lb)
    9.7-inch Wi-Fi: 437 g (0.963 lb)

Crap that's a fairly big difference there. Hmmm. Might stick with the smaller one.