Universal Reaper - Tale of a Pale Swordsman by Hexage

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Royce, Sep 21, 2013.

1. witedahlia

witedahlia Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Yes. It scared me at first but everything still works great. Love the new options for a controller. BTW, I love this game so much I bought the PC version.

2. witedahlia

witedahlia Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Which fight are you referring to? I saw your post earlier about the bear - did you get past that one? That was a tough one. I have not completed the game yet so I don't know if there is a definitive "last fight" or if you made it past the bear one.

3. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    And the inexplicable icon name and in-game Game Center language change has been fixed.
    It was like they accidentally flicked a language switch somewhere.

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm still getting the japanese Gamecenter log in notice (which is kinda cool) but everything else works great. I like the bigger dialogue but the other enhancements didn't do anything for my play style. Still awesome game :)

5. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Yes, sorry for lack of specifics. I beat the bear eventually. This is the final fight against the demon god.

6. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Hmm, with low block chance it's indeed difficult to beat him since projectiles are all over the place. Perhaps just stay on the ground dodging them and chip the boss' health in the process?

Are there any gold pots around? I don't remember. If you have unlocked Greed only open them when your health is already mostly gone. If you have neither Greed nor gold pots then ...it's gonna be tough.

7. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    There is one pot and I do have both greed and fortune maxed. It's not enough, though. After a full play through the game, I'm about as good as I'm going to get and I know when I'm licked. Silly me, I just figured the God Set was the best so I never looked too hard for other armor options. I decided to read up on some strategies before the final fight and learned at that time that block was a more important stat than anything else. As I posted earlier, however, I couldn't get anything with +block to spawn in either store so I dove into the final fight based on my ability to handily beat everything else in the game with the gear I had.

And now I'm stuck.

As I said, great game up 'til now. I guess I'm about done here though.

8. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    One of the previous updates says it's now possible to "disengage certain difficult battles (including final boss fight)."

You sure you aren't able to go to another place?

(Infuriatingly, it still turns out that not all fights let you give up temporarily... I've gotten stuck on some.
    In your case, the final boss, you should be able to.)

9. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    You are right...

I could have sworn I couldn't disengage before; I remember trying. Regardless, thank you. I am off to collect blocking gear...

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Reinstalled this and was sad there isnt icloud saving for this one. If it did, it failed for me.

So i started again, and just enjoying it all over. Well, i never really finished it, so hopefully this time i'd have the time to do so.

11. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    This game is really fun. In almost level 10, so how many hours of gameplay is there with the first thing, and should I buy the dark wilderness patch also? Thanks

12. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I actually haven't finished because I didn't want the game to end..

However I've already put many hours into the game and I'd recommend buying the highest pack because the extra mode is fun and pretty much the entire game is a masterpiece. It lacks multiple save files but the extra stuff you get like ultimate weapons, etc are really cool. Very good RPG experience especially at the price point.

13. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    They still haven't added New Game plus yet?? :|

14. Aaron910

Aaron910 New Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Help

Ive been playing reaper for a while after buying the best version of the game. Ive left Israess slayn but I cant find the dark side quest. Where can I?:confused:

15. cippalippone

cippalippone New Member

Dec 23, 2015
    you have to play the dark harvest, a play mode you unlock when you buy the full game

16. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    One of all time ios greats! Reaper ✌#️ thats all there is to say, or should i say slay!!...................tumbleweed"............

17. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I saw the thread bump expecting some kind of amazing update. Now I'm bummed.

This is definitely one of the best iOS games ever. I'd probably put it on top 10 at least. It's long overdue for a sequel or expansion of some sort :(

18. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    This.

19. cippalippone

cippalippone New Member

Dec 23, 2015
    hello everyone,
    nice game even if a bit repetitive, but i love the graphics: i buy hexage games mostly for their pure, retro design and fluo colors. i keep playing this game just because i realized that im only interested in increase my items quality. i agree with who says that controls arent at their finest: dashing horizzontal is not so a natural move and when i've to play on the left side of the screen i've my thumb covering it.
    i started playing the normal game in a foolish way so that i couldn't beat the final monster with my built and cards; so i started the dark harvester: i find this mode funnier because even if you lose a game you get the money you collected, there are no annoying discussions and at the end of each game you can always buy a new item at the store. IMPORTANT: in this mode each game is part of a sort of mission that becomes longer and harder the more you go ahead: you starts with a 5 game mission, now im at level 37 i have to win 11 games to complete the mission: if you die even once you have to start again from the beginning of the mission, and that's quite annoying. in this mode i collected most of the dark armor and all god armor but i still dont understand the utility of some stats such as AWARENESS, EXPERIENCE, NO PAIN.
    can you help me?

20. cippalippone

cippalippone New Member

Dec 23, 2015
    ok i got what NO PAIN is, now i wonder if EXPERIENCE improve your in game stats or just your position in world ranking; still AWARENESS is a mistery to me.
    oh, i finished dark armor finally :) i think that +1 fortune boots doesnt get over your max fortune, i mean i have FORTUNE cards 2/2 and the money i get is likely the same with or without boots.