Where are all the big 3.0 titles?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sceneshifter, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Sceneshifter

Sceneshifter Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I was expecting to see at least one or two big titles to come out after 3.0, so far nothing yet, or did I miss something? Any news on what's been approved and so on ? Was hoping to see worms for example...

2. shap08

shap08 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    Manchester United FAN!
    Australia-DownUnder
    also what happened to the $20 games/applications that was said to hit itunes?

3. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Galactic Gunner
    Pocket Gold
    Minigore
    Warpack Grunts

4. zipper

zipper Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    I really want team17 to give up some info on worms as well! Although i'm a bit scared to find out how much they'll charge for it.

5. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Jun 6, 2009
    its not worth the effort for devs right now to make games that harness the power of the 3g s YET bc the user base is a fraction of what the standard 3g is. if youre going to make 3gs specific features, keep in mind that you are alienating ALL the other iphone users... which means realistically youd have to release TWO separate versions of each game (regular version and enhanced, 3gs specific version), which can get a bit confusing for consumers.

6. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Public Relations/Graphic Designer - Spiffcode Inc.
    Seattle, Wa
    I haven't heard a developer tell me that they were "waiting for 3.0 to come out" before they released their title. Infact, most if not all developers are sticking to their own planned schedules for release and I can easily tell you those dates..

When its done.

I don't think 3.0 has been much of a factor when planning and development. I think some of the more anticipated titles, simply aren't ready yet.

7. Cousin Dirk

Cousin Dirk Member

Sep 28, 2008
    He's not talking about the 3G S, he's talking about iPhone OS 3.0. Since 3.0 was announced months ago, developers have had more time to plan for its features. The 3G S was (theoretically) a surprise for everyone, so developers will need a lot more time to make use of its features.

And that's even if the developers want to make use of the extra features they bring.

8. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

Yea really. Where's LiveFire? Or whatever its called now.

9. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Seattle, Wa
    Talk about oblivious.. Wow, Just... wow..

10. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    Still waiting for the damn Worms to finally come! =)

11. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    Just because ngmoco said they wanted to release it around 3.0 does not mean it was going to come out at or around the release. Check their web site, they just have snipets of it and nothing confirmed yet (not even a name). It won't be out for a while.

12. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    #12 SoCal_Sponger, Jun 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
    IGN said: "Expect LiveFire to drop within days if not hours of the 3.0 launch, as this could be a great way to show iPhone gamers exactly what the 3.0 update unleashes -- a system that pushes the iPhone online gaming "thisclose" to Xbox Live."

Thats why everyone is wondering where LiveFire is (yes, I KNOW that is not the official name). Im pretty sure that IGN talked to one of the chairmen at ngmoco too, thats where they came up with the prediction/(unofficial) release date

13. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    Just because IGN uses the word "expect" means nothing to me, I put more faith in the news on the ngmoco web site.

Star Defense
    Touch Pets
    Rolando 2
    Topple 2

All were listed with information for each game well before release. Other than development news there is nothing else on their site to show me the game is coming anytime soon. I can't imagine them releasing it without an advertising push the likes of what Star Defense had.

14. zero144

zero144 Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    IGN releaase dates are hardly ever right. They said starcraft 2 for Mac was coming out last May. NO VERSIONS OF THAT GAME ARE OUT YET and it's a year later.

15. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Seattle, Wa
    What he said.

16. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    I don't know, I still agree with Cousin Dirk's response to you on page 1.
    Developers plan for the future, adn it's OS3 related, not iPhone. And I'm writing as someone who hasn't even upgraded yet bc of lack of specific new game content.

17. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    i think ngmocos untitled fps will come out in a month. well i hope it comes out earlier. I dont like the name kill-test so i hope they dont use that name..how about LOCK-ON lol thought about that for like 2 secs.

18. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    Just as well be "Bitch Slap" for how great their marketing/prod naming department are coming up with humdingers LOL
    What are they thinking???

19. syipisa

syipisa Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    i have a lot of games & apps and there was simply no problem at all with any of them after i upgraded to os3 ...in fact most of them were even faster and more stable, there is no need to be scared.. and btw ..i tried to restore to os221 and it worked!

20. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    IMO Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D is a HUGE 3.0 title. Even though it wasn't hyped so much, it is a fantastic game. And it requires 3.0.