Total War Battles

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mattll, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
  2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
  3. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Excerpt from their lead designer:

"This isn't the traditional Total War you might expect,' said lead designer Renaud Charpentier.

‘We are working on a title that is specifically tailored to the play styles and control methods of mobile platforms. We want to deliver a game that plays to the strengths of handheld RTS mechanics, and perfectly adapts to a host of different platforms."

I hope to see their work at the GDC next week. :)

4. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Looks promising but maybe it would have worked better if they made it a RTS instead of turn based?

5. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    The article says it's coming out next month, so we will find out soon.

6. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    It is RTS.....it's just that it's lane based. Thats what I'm reading

7. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Oh lol i read it again instead of at 2am >.> it is indeed an RTS but lane based. Sadly, this may take away the strategy element the creative assembely was known for, or maybe not? Maybe certain units can counter others more effectively... we'll have to wait and see.

8. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    I didn't really enjoy Empire but I definitely wasted a ton of time on the others. I just hope there is some replay to it. Lack of multiplayer hot seat or online may make that hard to come by. Looks like most sites are saying mid April.

9. Endair

Endair Active Member

Mar 23, 2012
    It would be awesome to see Shogun Total War or something like that on my iPhone. But how will they manage to pack it in such small resolution?

10. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    It's already been announced as Total War Battles: Shogun. I'm guessing they picked Shogun to go with the current PC release. There are a couple reviews and screens out there to google. I'd link them but not sure if they would be ok to cross post into here.

11. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Nice! Looking forward to checking it out.

12. Arges

Arges Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2011
    Game Developer
    IAPs and grind

Anyone got it? The fact that it's a premium app with IAP gives me pause - it'd hints at there being grind. Big Albie's review states that the IAPs are not required, but I'm wondering how much of a grind for XP does it have built in, or if it's more of a straight strategy game. Any comments?