Universal GT Racing 2: The Real Car Experience - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    #601 Larni, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    Ryan, did you know the word 'update' is filtered as 'offensive' in the team chat window?

No one is allowed to talk about the update in team chat.

:mad:

None of this is your fault, mate. I'm just venting my spleen, but not at you.

2. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Yeah I have to say that this game churns through the $ now. I started this update with about $900 000 and bought the Tesla to try the GT challenge. With the required updating I am down to about $470 000.. Ouch..
    Getting a RR3 vibe a limitless bit now.

3. FRS

FRS Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Done and done...

Yeah, I'm afraid the game is dead to me now as well... Maybe Ryan has a better perspective but I'm guessing they've decided to suck the marrow out, relying on the big whales willing to spend lots of cash to keep it running and drive those small spenders out of the pool to cut costs.

Sad really, but the way things work on the app store these days. :(

4. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Ever since the RR3 1.20 'update' I've not updated my itunes version of games I download.

What really annoys me is if I try to play the old version with the internet on the game locks up with an 'update' demand spamming the screen. It won't let me play if I don't update!

Easily bypassed by turning off the connection but it reveals the motivation of the authors of this 'update'.

5. jaceyjay2

jaceyjay2 Member

Mar 3, 2014
    game totally ruined

another change that they made is the upgrade timing - now it seems you need to have the game open for the clocks to countdown - whereas before you could just start your upgrades when you went to bed at night and they would be done in the morning - now it seems they just want you to spend real cash to upgrade faster - after i close the ipad down when i re-open a few hours later the times are still the same - this sucks big time - im level 66 now but finding it real hard to find a race to go in due to the amount of time waiting for upgrades to install - i think it will soon be time to say bye to this once great game - gameloft you really f***** up this time - im sure you will see the number of racers dwindle as it is too way expensive and time consuming to compete in the game - maybe you should be looking to update again and revert back to some of the old ways - before you lose all players

6. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    The timer thing might not be the case. One thing it used to do was reset the timer if you put in an upgrade without being connected to the net, waited and then openned it back up with a net connection there would be no progress.

What I did was to wait till the upgrade had installed before reconnecting. Basically if I started the upgrade in either connection states I had to resume in the same connection state for the clock to work properly.

I've rolled back to the previous version so I don't know if it is still the case with the new hideous update.

All the best.

7. GaZ-OiD

GaZ-OiD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    I have been a gamer for over 30 years but won't be putting up with this nonsense for much longer (any freemium game)

I will not and have not paid a penny to any of these freemium games and never will.

The day I can't buy premium games is the day I will hang up my joypad once and for all. Yes I'm old school and the younger generation who know no better will, so that's why this greedy pay model is here to stay

GaZ

8. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    #608 Gameloft_Ryan, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    I did not know that, haha. That doesn't make sense to me, but I'll ask about it and see why that's the case. Thanks for letting me know!

I'll say this: All of the regions have compiled feedback from GTR2 players and have sent it in to the Dev team. I made sure to link to this thread and specific comments that were related to this update. The team will be going through all of the feedback and working on improving the game some more with the next update based on what players have said.

I'm going to check on if this is working as intended, because off the top of my head and based on our other games with timers, that shouldn't be the case.

Also if anyone lost cars due to the upgrade, the Dev team confirmed with me that the loss of cars should not have happened with the upgrade. So, if you purchased a car before the update and lost it, contact our support to have it restored or currency credited to your account to buy it again.

9. stooney

stooney Well-Known Member

Well judging by the way they "improved" the game in the last update this sounds more like a threat than anything else!

And I am pretty sure, that absolutely NO "feedback from players" was to double the cost and make the timers twice as long, was it?

Or "please let us do more swipes to get somewhere, all we need is more swipes"

Don't take it personal Ryan, but all that the latest update shows is greed and that Gameloft doesn't give a damn about us players.

10. jaceyjay2

jaceyjay2 Member

Mar 3, 2014
    ryan

no offence mate but do u actually work for gameloft??? because as a mouthpiece ur not very forthcoming with info - and all the info u tell us is what we already know - customer service for gameloft is shite same as the new update - im out of this now crap game- way too long to upgrade cars - tell the money making ####ers to do one - he he

11. jaceyjay2

jaceyjay2 Member

Mar 3, 2014
    swipe

oh and everyone loves swiping through loads of screens just to race - are ur developers still at infant school or have they reached seniors yet - everyone thinking they muppets - just check all the reviews

12. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    I understand. I didn't say all of the changes came from player feedback. Basically, I'm saying they are aware of the negative reaction to the update and will be doing their best to rectify it.

Thanks for the feedback.

13. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    After rolling back the daily races are still turning up with 20/20 upgrades for big money but they challenge is increased so they are actually fun.

If anyone can roll back it's still a really good game.

14. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    #614 Crabman, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    i just wanted to ask for controller support (works great in asphalt 8)but after reading all the feedback for the last update it's clear that i won't download it again (deleted it to free up space for racing games that support controllers)until all the bullsh*t is back to more or less"normal".

I don't get it,the F2P model works quite nice in asphalt but this here seems unplayable to me.In fact,i had so much fun with asphalt that i decided to buy a car pack for 3 bucks.And although i was a bit disappointed that all the cars are only class C (and there are only a very few C-class races in the first 3-4 seasons)
    i did not regret it cause i see it more as a deserved investment for a great game (that doesn't annoy me with waiting timers etc).

And i usually hate F2P games.it was the first time ever that i spend money for one.

So,what went wrong here?All Gameloft (some call it Copyloft for some reason) has to do is copy their own business model.Are they really not aware that they lose a lot of potential buyers (of IAP) with behavior like this?I don't get it.

15. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    We've been seeing mixed feedback since the update. Most people here aren't thrilled with it for understandable reasons. However, it seems a lot of players new to the game have had an easier time getting in and progressing.

The Dev team will be taking the bad and the good from this update and trying to put it in action for the next round of content.

I agree though, that Asphalt 8 has a good balance and I'll be interested to see if the team works any similar mechanics in to GTR2.

16. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Thanks for you reply.I downloaded and deleted GT2 two times and never saved my progress (i was not deep into the game anyway) and maybe i'll give it another try if controllers are supported.But waiting timers are coming directly out of hell and i try to avoid them wherever i can.Main reason i deleted GT2.As with asphalt i can see my self spending more money on IAP's for fair balanced FTP games,maybe even some consumables (worst case scenario)but never ever would i pay one cent to get rid of waiting timers nor would i like to support such games (well,i already did with the simple data download.I know...).

17. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Fair enough, I understand completely. Definitely appreciate the feedback!

18. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Forced upgrades and 100% inflation is straight out of the Real Racing £ book of shifty money grubbing tactics.

:(

19. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    I know :/ I am taking all feedback about this back to the team.

20. jaceyjay2

jaceyjay2 Member

Mar 3, 2014
    clueless

what the #### are u doing GAMELOFT - i already own the mclaren - so for me to just claim the prize of 873000 coins you want me to spend a ridiculous amount of money to max out the vanquish - 468 notesjust for acceleration - you seriously have ####ed this game up - SORT THIS SHIT OUT