Want to have an app made...if its possible

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by yosnowman, Apr 7, 2011.

1. yosnowman

yosnowman New Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I want to get an iPad the only thing holding me back is I use my computer as a pvr would this be possible with the iPad 2 whether with the hdmi attachment or some other way or would it be possible to plug a hauppauge up to it and get the video from it some how. I'm thinking about paying someone to work on an app for something like this but would like to know if it's even possible before I wasted my time and money.

2. yosnowman

yosnowman New Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Not really I'm more looking to be able to record what ever is on my TV not just TV because I get paid to record xbox gameplay and upload it and with imovie on the Ipad 2 It would be So nice to be able to record with the Ipad (ether using the Ipad somehow or being able to record onto my ipad using my hauppauge and edit it in imovie and be able to put it on youtube just like that then I could just get rid of my laptop and just have my desktop.

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    That sounds like a big (likely Jailbroken) job... if it's possible then someone's probably already done it or working on it, but I don't think you'll find anyone here that'll take it up. You could ask in the JB sub-forum here or maybe find some sort of Cydia/homebrew community that deals with this kind of thing, I don't know any though.

4. yosnowman

yosnowman New Member

Apr 6, 2011
    It is a pretty big job and I know It would require a jailbreak but who knows apple might support something like this in the app store which might just make the dev some cash but If its the right thing to do can a mod move this thread to the JB section and if anyone knows where I could ask for something like this can you post here or pm me please and thanks.