Tower defense game with loot drops "Loot Defense"

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by shaymon, Dec 11, 2013.

1. shaymon

shaymon Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Ok so I know tower defense games are a dime a dozen but I think a tower defense game with loot drops would be addicting. I am thinking diablo style loot drops. Imagine having heroes like in Kingdom rush but being able to equip them with loot. You would also find loot for tower upgrades. Even towers are loot drops. Certain levels/mobs drop certain loot as well so the community could get together to share loot they have found and where they found it. I am guessing this would be a ton of work but I think the game would rock.

Maybe some would be turned off but for me, I'd love to grind on the first couple levels looking for that new tower to drop or a component to add to a tower in order to beat the next levels.

Loot drops would drop off of mobs in the form of chests. Varying in rarity colors. Standard mmo rpg colors white green blue purple orange. At the end of the level, you get to open the chests. If you don't beat the level, you lose the chests. Maybe have an option to use regular currency to save them. Or maybe you don't lose them at all...

Developers could sell chests for premium currency.

Somehow adding coop would be cool too. Maybe similar to pixel junk monsters where mobs drop coins and either person can pick them up. You can also put your hero near towers. When they are near a tower it starts to fill an upgrade bar. Or you can spend coins/currency to upgrade them faster.

That's my random thought for the day.

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Dungeon Defenders?

3. shaymon

shaymon Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2013
    No, more of a top down like Kingdom Rush. Loot can upgrade weapons too. Had hours of fun in DD though ;)