Universal Chainto - reflexion puzzler

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Baptiste Villain, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Baptiste Villain

Baptiste Villain Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Paris, France
    #1 Baptiste Villain, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    Hi everyone,

I'm happy to present my upcoming game: Chainto.

Chainto is a reflexion game with one very simple rule: draw a path from flower to flower until you gathered them all. Then some more elements come into play (several flowers on a given tile or stars to gather in ascending order), and soon you'll end up with very challenging puzzles.

All the game plays on hexagonal grids with most graphical assets from Kenney Studio, giving it a clean and unique look.
    Music is still in the works, but I hope I'll get in time some exclusive jazzy sets from my favorite musician.

[​IMG]

The game will feature 3 different game modes:
    1. Story mode with 350 hand crafted levels to learn the basics,
    2. Infinite mode using an automatic level generator. You can set to 6 difficulties, or just play it until the game finds your ideal difficulty settings,
    3. Challenge mode with 5 highly difficult hand crafted levels per day of the week, with game center leaderboards, to see who's the best player of the day, and who's the best in total on all challenge levels. Scoring is not based on resolution time, it's purely on path chosen, so you'll be able to take all the time you want!

Chainto will be playable on any iOS/Android phone or tablet. You'll be able to play it in landscape or portrait mode, or even turn it the way you want during play. It will contain zero word, only obvious icons and signs, so no matter what language you talk, you will be able to play it, and nothing will break your immersion into its quiet world.

Chainto will be a premium game with no ad and no in app purchase. There will be no limitation, no timer, no energy system, and any challenge level you might have missed will be available again one week later.
    As a commemoration, my previous game (SWOC) will become free forever as Chainto is released.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope you guys enjoyed this presentation. I'm very open to suggestions or feedbacks, be it here in this topic, or via another feed:
    Facebook - Twitter - Mail

2. Baptiste Villain

Apr 30, 2014
    Paris, France
    Hey guys!

The game is now completed and is under review by Apple.
    Meanwhile, you can have a look at the trailer here:
    YouTube: video

And a pair of screenshots from the newest worlds and the final UI:
    Desert:
    [​IMG]
    Retro:
    [​IMG]

I fixed the original post as the game will include 10 times (yes, 10 lol) more story levels than expected at first.

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy it!

3. Baptiste Villain

Apr 30, 2014
    Paris, France
    #3 Baptiste Villain, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    Hello everyone,

The game has been reviewed by Apple. It will be launched later this month, but meanwhile, here are some promo codes for the first people that want to try it!

THTY9A46KLRW

LJHJ649KTM73

FA3P3A996YRN

All feedbacks welcome!

4. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thank you!!!!!
    THTY9A46KLRW

5. loana

loana Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2014
    software architect
    Milano
    Redeem FA3P3A996YRN.
    All redeem codes are taken.

6. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thanks for the code! I like this game so far. I can tell my dad will love it because there are no time limits and it seems easy enough for him to learn how to play it. The only thing I don't like are the flowers. It would be nice to have a couple of different themes.

7. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Looks awesome! I hope Apple approves it soon.

8. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Aww....... Coolpepper .... Give us a pretty smile to match the pretty flowers! He he

9. magicfreak

magicfreak Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Research /GamingSoon @AppAdvice.com
    Chainto On AppAdvice

Chainto just got featured on AppAdvice. Get notified on the release.

10. Baptiste Villain

Apr 30, 2014
    Paris, France
    Thanks for the cheering guys! I was not available recently, that's why I did not answer in this topic, but now I'm up!

I'm happy your dad and you like the game so far. You made a great suggestion about using something else than flowers sometimes, I should have thought of it sooner. Now I feel it's a bit late to change it, but I keep this idea in mind for a future update.

Anyway, I've got some constructive feedbacks here and there, so I'm going to submit another version tomorrow for Apple to review with minor tweaks (no more accidental deletions of a path, an "undo" button, cleaner fonts). This means the game won't be out before next week.

But meanwhile, if some of you want to test it, here are a few extra codes!

THFA9NTJ9NNE

6W47EEP7NYWK

9RPJKEHF9XF3

11. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    9RPJKEHF9XF3 thank you

Now I can find some nice flowers for coolpepper! LOL

12. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    Redeemed 6W47EEP7NYWK. Thank you! Looks like just the sort of thing I like!