Similar Games like Golden Sun

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by cyn0x, May 24, 2010.

1. cyn0x

cyn0x Member

May 21, 2010
    Hi ppl.

Do anyone know some similar games like Golden Sun? This was a real fantastic game for Gameboy Advance :p some time ago.

I have already Chaos Rings, Final Fantasy I & II.

Greetz & Thanks cyn0x

2. tchibo126

tchibo126 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    Germany
    you should take a look at seed or zenonia, these might interest you...

3. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    hmmm i think there is no game similiar to it
    but maybe inotia 2 ( you also have more fighters but the fights are real time)

4. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    None of those are anything like Golden Sun.

I'm afraid Chaos Rings and FF1/2 are the closest you'll get to it, I guess you'll have to wait.

5. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Well there is a GBA emulator on the iPhone if you're desperate, not sure how well it runs though(plays great on the PSP Go/PSP if you have one). Plus you'll have to jailbreak if you haven't yet.

6. cyn0x

cyn0x Member

May 21, 2010
    #6 cyn0x, May 24, 2010
    Last edited: May 24, 2010
    Yes I saw that Emu, but the FAQ was a little bit difficult and it was a bit too old (2007).

Does anyone have experience with that Emu?

Edit:

The control is very bad and the screen very small ~_~

7. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    The controls are bad with all the emulators on the iPhone IMO. Touch screen controls just aren't the best in this situation. It's one of the main reasons I went with a Go, other than I just didn't feel like lugging around my regular PSP.

Other than that, the only options would be to pick up a GBA/DS(not DSi)/GBA Micro, play it on an emulator on the following platforms(PC/Mac?, PSPGO/PSPKseries/GP2XWIZ), or hope a game similar to it will come out on the iPhone.

8. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Zenonia !!!!!!!!!!!

9. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Ahhh Golden Sun. What a fantastic couple of games.

I was mad when i beat the first one though. lol

10. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    No!!!!!!

11. Dusk

Dusk Active Member

May 19, 2009
    I can't wait for GS3! And yea FFI and II might be the closest you'll get.

12. bmn02102

bmn02102 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Ah...I remember those games. I also remember the long-ass password you had to enter to continue after the first half. Literally took me 30 minutes. :/

If they release the next one in 2 parts too, I hope they at least let you transfer your saved data over wifi.

13. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Anchorman
    Channel 4 Newsroom
    Ahh damn you op! :D now I have to dig around to find my Golden Sun game and look for my half broken DS to play it now!

Lol they should really port the GS games to iphone... it would be a smart investment for the devs.

14. krisko6

krisko6 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    College Student, Intern at an engineering company.
    Bakersfield, CA
    It won't happen, as I'm fairly sure that the games were published by Nintendo, and Apple is now their sworn enemy in the handheld gaming market.

On another note, I also enjoyed the series, although I never completed the first and found the second to be much too difficult to figure out what to do.

15. Illegal Danish

Illegal Danish Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    On the beach
    Ahhh golden sun, that game was awesome. I hope eventually someone cones out with a game like thar

16. cyn0x

cyn0x Member

May 21, 2010
    Zenonia 2 looks like yet-another-Grind Game whatever, it isn't similar to GS.
    I just recommend others to download gpsphone(you Need à jailbreaked OS), it Works fine, but in the World its à Bit laggy.

Sorry for mistakes (iPod).

Thx for help.

17. chaoscreater

chaoscreater New Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I know this thread is old, but heck I found this site randomly after a Google search so I might as well add some contribution.

First off, for those of you that say the GBA emulator on iPhone is crap, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. It's called GPSphone, and it works awesome for even old iDevices like the iPod Touch 2nd Gen.

I myself use an iPod Touch 3rd Gen, and playing games like Pokemon or Golden Sun have no problems running on it. Golden Sun runs great, the sound works great as well, it's not laggy or anything, even the Djinn summon animations and all your Psynergy spell animations work great.

Also, the control is fine. I've played far worse RPG games made for iPod Touch with shitty controls than GPSPhone, and ironically it's an emulator and yet works better than most games I've played. The only good RPG game made for the iPod Touch that has great control is Chaos Rings and Chaos Rings Omega, you can tap anywhere to move anywhere, whereas most RPG games have the D-PAD layout stuck on the same place so you'll have to keep your thumb on the same place all the time.

Anyway, most RPG games like Golden Sun or Pokemon aren't very control heavy, so it's not like Super Mario where you'll constantly be moving around on the D-PAD or jumping all the time. Golden Sun is just like Final Fantasy, it's turn based so you can easily control and pick your options at your own pace. So ya I still think you guys should give the emulator a try, it's far better playing good RPG games made for the GBA than finding crappy games for iPod Touch. There aren't a lot of good ones anyway.

But anyway since this is about iPod Touch, here're some good ones I recommend:

Chaos Rings
    Chaos Rings Omega
    Zenonia 1~3
    Infinity Blade
    Inotia 1~3
    Aralon Sword and Shadow
    Terra
    Ragnarok Violet (ever heard of the popular MMORPG game Ragnarok Online, made by Gravity? Well they released this like 4 days ago, August 4th 2011 and it's free)

there're some couple of good ones I can't remember, but ya these should be enough to keep you busy.