iPhone 5 upgrade or not?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by liquidmutiny, Aug 21, 2012.

1. liquidmutiny

liquidmutiny Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    So it's about time to sell the old iPhone and use that money toward the next generation iPhone. Apple won't call it iPhone 5. Is the iPhone 4S good enough for hard core gamers or are you upgrading to the new iPhone?

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    The a5 chip isn't going to obsolete for a while. I don't think the iPhone 5 will be getting as massive a hardware upgrade as the 4s did, anyway.

3. liquidmutiny

liquidmutiny Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    In terms of graphics, are the graphics chip and cpu comparable to the PSP Vita? I believe iPhone 5 will be a huge leap from the iPhone 4.

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    From the iPhone 4, yes. From the 4s, I think not, at least in terms of specs.

As far as GPUs are concerned, the iPad 3 has the same one as the PS Vita. The 4s and the iPad 2, which have the a5 chip, do not have the same GPU as th vita or new iPad. I remember hearing some speculation that the iPhone 5 was getting the A5X chip, but there was some skepticism, as the chip is to large to fit in the iPhone's casing. I think we might see a ram upgrade (though I doubt it), and, more likely, a slight bump in processor speed and maybe an overclocked version of the a5 gpu. This is all complete speculation, of course.