Universal The Frostrune - Point And Click Adventure Game Inspired By Viking Myth & Legend

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Andy C83, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #1 Andy C83, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    [​IMG]

The Frostrune by Grimnir Media and Snow Canon Games

Unravel a mystery inspired by Viking myth and legend in The Frostrune, a point-and-click adventure based on historically accurate Norse culture and environments. Find yourself shipwrecked on an island after a summer storm. Nearby, there’s a recently abandoned settlement and signs that its inhabitants left in a hurry. Surrounding the village is a dark, dense forest with forgotten rune stones and burial mounds. Among them are secrets and hidden objects to solve the mysteries of the island.

Leading up to the launch of the game Grimnir plan to release six story Trailers to prepare the player for the game. While it's not essential to watch these trailers before playing the developer's feel that "the extra backdrop that they create adds a whole lot to the experience." Well, I'm sold. :)

Two of these story trailers have been released so far:

Episode 1: Rune Magic

Episode 2: The Warriors

They also write about the inspiration behind each trailer on their site and these posts are definitely worth a read: Episode 1, Episode 2.

Our AppUnwrapper got her lucky mitts on a pre-release version of the game, you can check out the gameplay video she made along with her thoughts on the game here.

There's no official launch date yet for The Frostrune but after over 3 years in development the game is finially nearing release. I'll be keeping this thread updated with news about the game when I can. You can also keep up with the game's progress by following the devs on Twitter and/or Facebook.

[​IMG]

2. Popochoso

Popochoso New Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Frostrune

I don't have sound for Frostrune so I can't complete certain games? Please help

3. David_Don_13

David_Don_13 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Ireland
    Absolutely love the artwork