Universal [Soft Launch CA/PH] Skullgirls (by LINE Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Old soft launch thread.

2. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Woo it's out! Had a blast playing it on steam. Please don't be online only.

3. ShelvsHotPencil

ShelvsHotPencil Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Sucks to be you, #.
    It is.
    I have played it when it was in soft launch.

4. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Ah well, that's not surprising

5. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    to bad it's not premium hope the free to play aspects aren't to bad

gonna try and make a ca acc to download

6. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Been playing this for a few days now and seriously, it plays like butter. There is a story mode or quick play and events. There are no cash grabs as I can see, if you are patient enough to earn your characters. It reminds me of the original Injustice in that way. I've played it about 25 minutes a day for about four days and I have four characters already. If you've played SkullGirls before, you are going to be in heaven. If you've not, you're in for a special kind of treat. This is easily my favorite fighting game and the graphics are jaw dropping. :roll eyes:

Grab it!!! :D

7. Sequence

Sequence Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    ok this looks amazing.

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Darn I was really hoping this release would be offline / premium. I guess this f2p will cater to other folks.

9. Buffy6

Buffy6 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    #10 Buffy6, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    Played this game for quite a long time today. Here's my characters I have so far and their levels. The only complaint I have is there are a bunch of glitches with the characters. Either you or the enemy sometimes will glitch out every once in a while. I haven't taken a screenshot of it yet though. There was even one time when my character completely disappeared and I couldn't do anything. While the enemy was fighting air and I wasn't taking any damage. And then the enemy used a skill and completely disappeared too. Then the timer ran out and all that was on the screen was the battle background frozen on there. Had to exit the game and restart it. It's still a really fun game, and looking forward to see if they add a new event after the timer on the Nurse Valentine one ends.

Attached Files:

10. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    It being f2p is actually a great move, more attention and stuff. It doesn't try to take your money all the time either, it's awesome and everything is just wonderful. Can't wait for the full release so I can buy some IAP just so I can throw more money at lab zero

11. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I really like this as well, I noticed the problem Buffy was having, the characters pixelate glitch during battle. Hopefully the devs read this and fix it.

12. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    been playing this since downloaded. the art style is actaully incredible. probably one of the best games i have ever seen. the animation is also of the charts with this and the gameplay is actually pretty fun and engaging and not just mashing buttons until health goes to 0. though i haven't seen a paywall or anything yet there is lAP for currency that you can use to buy relics and get new fighters. you can also log into facebook to have progress saved through all devices

13. Buffy6

Buffy6 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    #14 Buffy6, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    Played for quite a while more. Another thing I noticed is if you keep replaying a battle and keep leveling up, at the results page the character level always stays the same until you eventually go out and view it elsewhere. No matter how many times you replay and level up the level number in the top right and your stats number on the top left don't go up. But, the XP bar still does. I hope the company are reading these bugs, or maybe I'll try to find their email.

Edit: Just evolved my first character, the level and stats reset. But, what you've unlocked on the skill tree and skills stay. For anyone that wants to know.
    Here's an updated character list since the last one I posted:

Attached Files:

14. Torian

Torian Active Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Nice! Mfi support?

15. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    None

16. Daxmort

Daxmort Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    United Kingdom
    This is a very minor nitpick; as everyone else has said, the systems are about as fair as any IAP games can get; using something similar to Mortal Kombat X or Injustice--though there are two forms of currency; coins to buy talent tree upgrades in conjunction with Skill Points, or character upgrades after researching a certain point; and 'Crystals' which are used to either convert to coins, or used outright to buy 'Relics' which are basically a Gatcha-system to get either new abilities or new characters.

There's a daily free relic which can net you a new ability, coins, crystals or characters; a four-hour acquirable relic that gets you coins or a new ability (with I think a low chance at a character).

My nitpick has to do with the '100 Crystal Relic' purchase (bronze, silver or gold character)--there's either a 100 Crystal purchase for 1 Relic, or a 500 Crystal purchase, for five Relics.

...What's the point? Why not just spend any Crystals you get immediately? You get no extra Relic, or Crystal discount for buying 5 at once--and this is the same for almost all of the Relic purchases (bronze/silver/gold abilities, '<Specific Character> Bronze/Silver/Gold Relic, 150 each > 750 for 5' etc.

I dunno if the guys in charge think that I want to save 30 seconds by buying 5 at once instead of going back and forth, but if you're going to have people buy a bundle of things with a larger amount--then give us a reason to want to save up and buy a larger amount. I gain no benefit by buying 5 at once after scrimping and saving than I would by just buying 1 at a time whenever I get enough Crystals.

..Yeah, minor nitpick, but I don't understand the pointless decision behind it.

17. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I remember when mortal kombat and street fighter both came out and then tekken later on.
    This game not only joins those ranks but could possibly surpass them on a certain level.
    Rpg elements and the indepth story mode to go along with the graphics and even the theme is just beyond belief.
    The characters , fighting moves, battle system are all on point.
    This could possibly be the first fighting game to win game of the year.

18. Buffy6

Buffy6 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I just tried to do a silver only battle with one of my evolved bronze characters, and I think the game still considers it as a bronze character even though it's silver now. I sent it in as feedback to them through the app.

19. Buffy6

Buffy6 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Completed Parasoul's Event today. My first Expert 100%. #

Attached Files: