Smiles or Bomboozle?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by cornishacid, Aug 7, 2009.

1. cornishacid

cornishacid Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2009
    The Bay
    Or does anyone else have any other recommendations of their favorite Match-3 game? Any suggestions would definitely help me out. Thanks.

Also, if you have Smiles (2 in 1), which mode do you play in more--Zen or Drop?

2. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Smiles is a decent game. I haven't tried Bomboozle yet. Out of all the match 3 games I've bought so far (alot) I like Treasures of Montezuma the best.

3. cornishacid

Jul 25, 2009
    The Bay
    #3 cornishacid, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
    Thanks freedog, but isn't Treasures of Montezuma just essentially Bejeweled? Or are there any nuances that liberates itself from Bejeweled? If so could you please elaborate. Thank you.

4. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Smiles is amazing. Just get the whole thing. I think there is also a lite version.

5. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    Bejeweled is good but I think its much more basic than Treasures of Montezuma. ToM has some really cool sound and visual effects, and the gameplay is not boring or basic. Plenty of creative powerups and fastpaced gameplay, especially when you get to the later levels.

6. cornishacid

Jul 25, 2009
    The Bay
    #6 cornishacid, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
    I've decided to go with ToM. I dled the Smiles and Bomboozle Lite versions of the games and my first impressions of Bomboozle were that it was too simple and monotonous for my taste. Although, I did enjoy Smiles much more, it still seemed to be lacking some 'punch' in the game. I guess I enjoy the challenge of racing the clock in ToM and having the ability to actually lose...something that lacked in Smiles. However, Smiles is not at all a bad game and is definitely a great 'pick up and play' game with great replay value--it's just something that I'm not looking for at the moment. It may be my next purchase after ToM. Thanks to all that helped.

7. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    One more that you may wanna check out is Match 3d Flick Puzzle. Good game too and there's a lite version available in the store to try.

8. cornishacid

Jul 25, 2009
    The Bay
    Alright, thanks freedog, I'll be sure to check out the Lite version of that game tomorrow.

9. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Besides the horrible music, this game is a blast. Really something new.

10. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    I'd suggest Flowerz, has a lite too

11. PlayScreen

PlayScreen Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    The game will allow you to play your own music, just start something in the iPod and launch it.

We figured we couldn't please everyone with the three music selections we picked.

12. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    I agree. The first thing I noticed when playing Match Flick 3D was that the music just didn't fit. There are currently 3 music options for the game. The first one is like dance music, while I was playing the game and wondering if I should be breakdancing instead. The other 2 music options sound like they belong in a movie soundtrack.

It's a good game, but I would suggest the dev consider adding some more fitting puzzle-game type music.