Did someone heard of Kwalee?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by spongeforge, Nov 20, 2011.

1. spongeforge

spongeforge Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    A while ago I read their press release on prmac.

The CEO is David Darling, the co-founder of Codemasters. They are tackling lot of very important issues in their PR. But looking at their website, I am not quite sure where to sort this company in. Did someone have a closer contact with them?

2. Eclectic

Eclectic Well-Known Member

I work there! What do you want to know?

We have put a good team together and are still looking for good people to join us. We are developing our own technology to get the games to do what we want and we have a couple of games that use this technology that are part developed.

Our website is just a placeholder that we stuck up in a hurry. Our new website will be up over the next few weeks.

David Darling and I both have decades of experience and have worked on very many number one games. The team that have come together really can do special things.

3. spongeforge

spongeforge Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Hi, thanks for the fast reply!

Well, I would say my games, especially "The Greedy Sponge", are exactly fitting the category of games that you're describing in your prmac post.

Wanted actually to know if you already published games in App Store and how exactly you can help (part time) developers like me.

I sent you an email on this issue to your contact address from the website.

4. fugufish

fugufish Active Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Developer
    it appears that they're making innovative apps that're unannounced yet.

not sure how they're approaching distribution, but the their PR team should be able to drum something huge since David's a legend.

just curious why they branded themselves as "smartphone" developers as opposed to "mobile". I have a feeling it's going beyond iOS and Android. HTML5 technology comes to mind immediately.