Hunter Island: A New Pokemon Like Game from the Developers of Dragon Island

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ZigZaGame, Nov 13, 2012.

1. AshleyBricco

AshleyBricco New Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Hey guys,

New here, but just wanting to post my opinion about movement after reading many comments. You're likely pretty far in by now but my opinion is that a more free movement system would be a much better approach. I like the idea of freely exploring, like in Pokemon.

As far as the issue of being able to walk "around" important battles and avoid them, just think about how this was fixed in Pokemon.

In Pokemon, the NPC that handled the battle had a 'range'. If you walked into its line of sight, you would be stopped and the NPC would approach and battle you.

Why not simply add a range around the important battle and if the player enters the range, force them into the battle. The range can cover all possible areas (perhaps in a linear line) that the player could possibly walk through to avoid the battle.

2. comicx90

comicx90 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Question: are monsters going to be fully animated in game?

3. ZigZaGame

ZigZaGame Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    unfortunately not, we have attack animations, but animating the monsters themselves will take us 2 years. we have quite a lot.

4. comicx90

Jul 26, 2012
    Ok, thats cool.

5. Brodymeister

Brodymeister New Member

Mar 16, 2013
    Sign me up for beta!

Looks great!

6. ZigZaGame

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    Looking for Monster Ideas

Hi Guys, we need help with monster ideas!

What type of monster would you like to see in the game? Examples, ie links to animals or dinosaurs would help a lot!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. comicx90

Jul 26, 2012
    A rhino type? Maybe even a jaquar/ape hybrid?

8. araziza

araziza Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    definitely a walrus

9. itouchbd

itouchbd Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    this x1000

10. Grenosaurs

Grenosaurs New Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Beta testing

I loved dragon island and I would love to beta test your new game.

11. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Are you using Testflight to beta test? If so, would love to beta test your game
    Email: [email protected]
    ---
    Don't know if you're still taking enemy ideas, but here are some pictures of cool, weird looking animals for inspiration:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. itouchbd

itouchbd Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Geosociety has the best pokemon esque art on ios currently

Geosociety has the best looking art for a pokemon clone(because it looks so close to the origninal)

http://geosociety.wikkii.com/wiki/Monster_List

Im not saying copy there work, but maybe get together with whoever is in charge of the game to work together on a sequel, the game came out and had a bunch of bugs and the mission system didn't work out well either. Honestly what you want is as close to pokemon as possible without stealing ideas. An exploration system imo would be best make a world to explore just like in pokemon, any other system will honestly fall short.

make the storyline well written, a bunch of monsters, and legendaries as so on. I understand you wanting to add your own monsters and stuff but from what i've seen a lot of it is repetative and it doesn't work as well as you might like it to. I can tell you any pokemon clone with a bunch of effort and talented game dev trying to make it as good as possible will yield huge buys from the appstore. No pokemon clone has truly hit the nail on the head and without any real competition you're here to flourish. Honestly search and play some pokemon hacks(some which honestly are better than the originals) and try to make something very similar and you will find huge success.

13. ZigZaGame

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    #73 ZigZaGame, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
    Thanks a bunch for your creature suggestions. We added a lot of them to our list:)
    For those of you asking about beta, thanks for your interest, but we are not ready yet.
    I will get back to everyone once the game is in beta stage.

Here's a combine monster for those who haven't seen it on our facebook page.

[​IMG]

14. ZigZaGame

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    SPOILER ALERT

Setting & Story: hope you guys like it :)

Welcome to the Island of Ark, a lone island in the middle of a vast ocean populated by various peoples and a variety of creatures known as “Arkadions”.

Arkadions come in all shapes and sizes. Some of them help people survive day to day on the island, while others endanger them. They all can be captured within ancient devices known as Ark Stones, and trained individuals known as “hunters” can then tame and command them. On this world, in which technology is banned, hunters are very useful, and hence they are valued by all groups of people--the proud Annish, the brave Saffadel, the peaceful Teradin, the honorable Pyrans, and the resilient Heigans. Hunters have helped maintain the balance between humans and Arkadions for centuries...
    But lately, something has been amiss on the island. Vicious storms are wreaking havoc on the land of the Saffadels. The Teradin have been driven from their homes and forced to become refugees. A formerly dormant volcano is becoming active again, threatening the safety of the Pyrans. The kingdom of the Heigans is suffering the most brutal winter ever experienced. Behind it all, ancient beings of unimaginable power are stirring from their slumber, preparing to unleash terrible devastation on the inhabitants of Ark.

It is up to you, hunter, and your legions of Arkadions, to prevent the destruction of all civilization on the island....

In the far, distant future, Earth has been destroyed by the abuse of technology. In a desperate attempt to save themselves, humans used their advanced technology to construct massive spaceships to act as arks, carrying the last human remnants seeking new planets to inhabit. To make such planets suitable for human habitation, the creators of these ships provided them with artificially designed lifeforms-Arkadions-to help with terraforming and provide useful organisms for the new human settlements. In addition to vast number of Arkadions stored in Ark Stones, each ship carried seven special Arkadions of immense power, later known as the First Ones. Each First One had a specific function in terraforming a lifeless and hostile planet into an environment that humanity could thrive in. With this cargo, these giant Arks spread throughout the galaxy, searching for new homes for humanity.

One such ship crashed into one particular planet, and the remnants of the ship formed the Island of Ark. The First Ones performed each of their functions, creating an environment that replicated the lost Earth, and then with their task done, they became dormant again within their giant Ark Stones. Arkadions and people quickly populated and thrived on the island.

But as the new inhabitants of Ark found out to their dismay, the people who created the ships and the Arkadions gave the First Ones another, sinister purpose. In order to prevent humanity from once again destroying their planet through abuse of the technology, First Ones were programmed to destroy any human civilization that reaches a certain level of technological development, eliminating all traces of technology, culture, and history. The devastated humans must rebuild a civilization from scratch, and they inevitably and unwittingly develop technology that once again awakens the First Ones, resulting in annihilation. And so this cycle continued for eons, and it is now about to repeat itself...

15. sindyan

sindyan Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012

I really like the more scifi story line. A little more special

16. ZigZaGame

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    glad you like it! We were worried the scifi element might turn some people away, as its not typical in monster collection games. We do have the typical save the princess, and battle breeders to become a master hunter type elements on the side as well.

17. sindyan

sindyan Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    I get that. Those are classic story which are over done. Keep up the good work!

18. ZigZaGame

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    just updated the top page too, but here's our battle UI mockup, do you guys like the direction we are going with this?

[​IMG]

19. Dannyz2000

Dannyz2000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Looks really good! I see youre sticking to the swipe gestures for attacks, which is one of the reasons I really like Dragon Island. Nice looking interface.

20. ZigZaGame

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    Thanks! We are starting to realize a lot of users do not know you could swipe to attack...definitely need better tutorials...