Any hard games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MooKings, Nov 5, 2009.

1. MooKings

MooKings Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    In Earth...
    I really love hard games can anyone find one?:cool::eek:

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Hard because they're genuinely challenging or hard because they never end/the controls are terrible?

3. MooKings

Sep 13, 2009
    In Earth...
    first one....

4. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Turn the world! Its challenging and really fun.

5. arkanigon

arkanigon Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    People find our game ArchRobo hard. But they seem very happy with the controls.

6. Dark_Messenger

Dark_Messenger Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    If you like TD, people seem to thing geodefense swarm is hard. I actually found the first one harder but i guess it depends on wheter you like em open or fixed. Anyway their both great games, try them.

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Lunarcy is hard, but awesome. theFABRIK seem to enjoy making intentionally difficult games.

8. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    i thought warfare inc and quantum collapse to be relatively hard (both RTS) and very fun to play ( warfare inc has multiplayer)

i also agree with GeoDefense (first one) It's very fun and has a puzzle feel to it. I'm having a hard time with swarm but in reality I'm not really trying, there's been too many good games lately, i cant even get started on a lot.

9. GlennX

GlennX Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    UK
    There does tend to be a significant dumbing down of difficulty on the app store. This is obviously because most players are kind of casual and devs are understandably keen to maximise appeal.

There are a few that standout as difficult-but-cool though. I find games based on mastering controls very rewarding.

iPlutoid:
    Very tough at first, not just the controls but also getting your head around the true-3Dness. This makes it all the more fun when you get the feel of it.

Eliminate:
    Enough threads of it's own but I find it hard and am hoping to actually find it fun soon.

Puzzlemaniak:
    20 great puzzle games, all of them VERY hard on the toughest levels. The most underated game on the app store.

Ground Effect:
    Yeah, it's my game and it's not out yet (hopefully the next few days) but like any good driving game (personal opinion) it's absolutely all about getting the feel of the controls until what once seemed impossible becomes second nature.

10. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    +1 Lunarcy :)

Also Orbital, Eliss, Aves, Darkest Fear, and Alice's Adventures: The Rabbit Hole of Death all get very difficult. ;)

EDIT: I forgot Squareball - but you can't wuss out and play it on easy!

11. Dark_Messenger

Dark_Messenger Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Lol i actually found darkest fear becoming easier as the levels progressed. The first boxpuzzle on the second level was like wtf! for me. It took me an hour or so to figure that out =) but from there and on the rest was easy (and funnier for that sake). Only thing with that game was the horrible controls.

12. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Same here. I didn't play much past that, maybe I should have. :eek:

13. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    real racing on A division, they can get annoying
    Eliss when you first start playing and are not used to managing 20 things on the screen at once
    SPACE NINJA, hardest game I've played on the iPod

14. Fe1

Fe1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    I personally found "1112" to be hard (I'm sure you can find cheats online, but that rather defeats the purpose). And yes, Eliss is the best intellectual game out there.

Thanks for all the game tips. I just bought Puzzlemaniak, Lunarcy, Archrobo, etc.

15. debtOFskittles

debtOFskittles Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    doom resurrection on nightmare

16. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

...or just the last level of the game on easy! :rolleyes: (level 9! The bonus level!)

17. brof

brof Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Software Architect
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Avoid Hitting Piano can be really hard, but it is not an endless game like Canabalt (also a hard one)
    But you might want to throw your ipod out of the window (that kind of hard)...

cheers

18. MooKings

Sep 13, 2009
    In Earth...
    thanks everyone will try some....

19. hapz

hapz Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    geodefence swarm

too hard for me

20. Ler

Ler Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Europe
    Alien Glyphs - in survival mode if you never play it before it wil be very hard to play for you, but if it is easy - wait for update we prepare Insane difficulty :)