iPad THE KING OF FIGHTERS-i 2012 (by SNK PLAYMORE)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by kerberospkg, May 2, 2012.

1. DoctaMario

DoctaMario Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Good games Rob! How was the connection on your end? I was playing on the 3G at my apartment and while the connection wasn't flawless, it was definitely playable on my end. I don't know that high level combos would have been possible but for friendly matches I think it works.

I'm continually amazed by the netcode on this game!

2. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Why the Maxima hate? I guess I'm not using him right cuz no one's RQ on me. xD

3. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I'm using the TA app (which is great and free) but you can edit posts in it, so....DUBBLEPOST!!

I'm curious, which characters are you seeing the most online? I've been seeing a TON of Kyo and Robert players thus far. :p

4. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Reason why I kicked Kyo off my team :D

I've seen a lot of Maxima and Athena players. The Maxima players are the worst. They just turtle and pray to hit you with Back + SP -> Super.

5. TenOnez

TenOnez Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Kyo, Iori, Athena, Kula. Some Maximas and some Clarks and Ralfs. Kensou is starting to pop up a little more tho.

6. Izaya

Izaya Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    8th Grade lol
    Behind You
    Surprisingly I love this game. I hate fighting games but this game is so fun! I'm a bit skeptical about buying the dlcs can someone tell me if there worth it?

7. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Same. Kyo, Robert, Athena and Fire Iori mostly.

8. D4Gamers

D4Gamers Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Not worth it...Unless you have played those characters in the past in other KoF games, There's really no point.

9. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Ugh, I played an Athena player earlier....That whole thing where she can deflect your projectiles and attacks....f*ck that shit. >_< I still won, but damn that's some dumbass shit.

10. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Congratulations !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[size=+3]THE KING OF FIGHTERS-I 2012.[/size]

[size=+2]Touch Arcade Forums
    Game of the Week
    02/05/2012
    [/size]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[size=+2]Thanks a lot for your votes![/size]

Check out this week's new releases
    [thread=118476]HERE[/thread]

Start voting your 09052012 TAGOTW
    [thread=128859]HERE[/thread]

Visit 2012 TAGOTW Hall of Fame and Archives
    [thread=119439]HERE[/thread]

- DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AGAIN -

11. RazvanGNR

RazvanGNR Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    ^Awesome! Well deserved in my opinion :D

12. TenOnez

Dec 10, 2011
    Yeah, it's a dirty move. She's good at keep away. That super she does where she's invulnerable until you hit it somehow, either it connects or you block it, was pretty hard for me to understand at first. Now I try to bait it out and watch her float like an idiot for 5 seconds then punish... Which I also have to be quick to do because she recovers from that in 0.5 seconds. I gotta figure out when it's no longer active.

Also that throw she can do where she covers herself and, if you unfortunately run into it, you get tossed in the air which sets you up for an uppercut or whatever she has planned.

I can see why people use her though. She has some good tricks.

13. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Her super is like a street fighter style super. The invulnerability frames are awesome and i would assume people love that

14. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I've played the game through with her, but I still have yet to really figure her out. The guy I played yesterday destroyed my first character and then I kinda figured out his game and was able to beat him, but it took losing a character to do that.

But that Super she has where she floats like that...you can't punish her while she's floating or she'll hit you, is that the case?

15. TenOnez

Dec 10, 2011
    #516 TenOnez, May 14, 2012
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
    Yep. She's kinda invulnerable, but I haven't tried a fireball super yet. I'll try that next time.

This game really comes down to trying to beat the other person's character first with as much health as possible for the second one. If you devastate their first character and have about full health, they can be at a disadvantage if you can keep it up. You have a chance to put some strong damage on their second one which hurts their team badly.

Played someone by the name of "b r yan ki l le r" just now. Had to be one of my hardest opponents so far. So we go at it out of three. Him: Daimon, K', Andy) (Me: Kim, Kensou, Andy). The first one, I got him. Second one, he brought my team down to Andy and I ALMOST got him, but his K' super'd me and got me, with a little health left on both of us. Third match, I went all out with Kim. Pressured his Daimon in the corner and kept him there until he rolled out. Then K' came up, and I went all out on his K. Hit him with a combo and cancelled into his super and took that round. 3 vs 1. I yell out "Lets go!" and.. "You have lost connection with your opponent".

....Wut.

Come on.. I've come back from 3v1 situations before. That's exciting stuff. This is the point where you put ALL of your techniques into play.

16. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    You can hit her with certain supers, so long as they don't involve you going into the range of her field.

17. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    I had someone do kula's projectile without the lay spin startup. How?

18. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Did she just block another projectile?

19. kerberospkg

kerberospkg Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2011
    Just reflect back opponent's projectile by move "Counter Shell", great to against those boring turtle fireball spammers