Good game with a good storyline?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ShadowsFall, Nov 27, 2009.

1. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Hey, well i'm going to a trip at my friends house and I was wondering if there's any good games that are kinda long with a great storyline?

Something like Monkey Island, Hybrid: Eternal Whisper, or Zenonia. Anything else, you can comment on :p

2. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Ravensword. Have fun on your trip.

3. iiAtlas

iiAtlas Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    New York City
    Neither of these have a long storyline but I find myself constantly playing them so here they are

DoodleJump

Cliffed

Have a great trip!

4. ShadowsFall

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Already have doodle jump :p, heard cliffed was good and thanks!

Was saving my money for that :D, going to buy a new computer -.-, so i'm on a low budget for the App Store

5. phonk

phonk Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Beneath a Steel Sky.

6. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    It may not be extremely long, but Beneath a Steel Sky is the singular best point and click game I have ever played, and it's better than Monkey Island.

Also, Surviving High School (now $1.99 from $2.99) has a pretty great story line. It has more replay value, but is shorter. Also, it's based on the real world. = [
    It's still good, though.

7. ShadowsFall

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Beneath the sky is usually based on future things right? I saw some clips of it and thought it was alright, Surviving High School looks pretty well too, but I checked the reviews and most of them said it was too short.

8. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Beneath a Steel Sky is about a future dystopian city that is being oppressed. I won't give away any details, but if you like science fiction, it should be an instant buy.

Surviving High School is great, with lots of replay value. It is short, but, as mentioned, it has replay value.

9. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Ravensword

10. Viper92107

Viper92107 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Assasians Creed, FTW

11. Ace_97

Ace_97 Well-Known Member

It does have a great story line and you can play the first episode three different ways. Then you can download this week's episode. So you'll have two episodes to try.

Assasins's Creed is long, the story is great and the gameplay is fun.

12. EightySix

EightySix Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Beneath A Steel Sky, definately.

-It's the best story experience I believe you're gonna' get on the iPod. Don't listen to the people that say, MC Sandstorm and Ravensword, cause' they're way out of league, in comparison.

13. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA

return to mysterious island

myst

14. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    I'd recommend Hybrid Eternal Whisper, Monkey Island SE, and Beneath a steel sky.

15. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    If you like a games with a great story then Beneath a Steel Sky is the best you can get i liked it far more then Monkey Island and its only 99cents at the moment

16. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    #16 Somerandomdude, Nov 27, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
    -Monkey Island (C'mon, it's the best adventure game series of all time. It's a no-brainer)
    -Hybrid: Eternal Whisper (I havn't gotten too far into it, but it's really good at this point)
    -Rogue Planet (I'm actually enjoying the story in this game, even though I'm on the third battle right now)
    -Puzzle Quest
    -Resident Evil Degeneration (I didn't put 4 because it's more mission-based, while this feels like a full game. It's actually pretty compelling as you go on)
    -I want to say Beneath a Steel Sky, but I've never gotten anywhere in that game lol. I always got lost playing it on ScummVM. I'll give it another try after which I will most likely recommend it.

And if you don't mind getting a PS1 game:

-Metal Gear Solid. Just don't get the iPhone one, it's crap compared to the original.

17. bweb

bweb Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Michigan
    qft.

18. Dily

Dily Active Member

Jun 23, 2009
    what do you mean about Metal Gear Solid "but not the iphone one"?

There are two versions of MGS you can buy?

19. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    No I was referring to the Playstation original game. It blew my mind, and I couldn't recommend games based on story without that one. The iPhone one, on the other hand, has a few traces of a storyline and gameplay that is a disservice to the series. So I was recommending the Playstation ones and saying to stay away from MGS: Touch.