Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. rebartsch

rebartsch Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    dantt99,
    Got tired of waiting and missing all those parts..So I hope you like the
    Cloudliner - M
    Cheers and Merry Early Christmas!!!

2. rebartsch

rebartsch Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Thanks Snowbird...:D

I try to share when I can!!!

Cheers Snowbird and have a great day!!!

3. Timey

Timey Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Well, I think I have a little problem here.

London and Europe is serviced by four planes and sorts out it's layovers fine.
    New York and North America is the problem. Its also serviced by four planes and has a load of trouble delivering the layovers. Which means a plane needs to get replaced. So should I replace the Birchcraft-m, Mohawk-m, Kangaroo-m, or the Sea Knight? And with what?

Personally, I think I'll take out the Mohawk-m and throw a class two in. Unless if someone would trade me a Sequioa-m and then I could use my Aeroeagle-m for deliveries.

4. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    Out of interest how many birds do we have in the air?
    Don't care what they are just total flying?

I have 20 slots since my game reset I was level 38 now I'm 23

5. Gus172

Gus172 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    I have 30 as of tonight.

6. PapiChullo

PapiChullo Active Member

Aug 27, 2012
    I have 21 in the air right now.

7. Jmacjmac

Jmacjmac Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    20 slots, only 16 in the air.

8. dantt99

dantt99 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    If you need a Sequoia, I can send you one. What type? (P, C, M?)

9. thisisina

thisisina Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    I'm at 21 slots.

If I want to get more coins to expand, what's a good number of bux to target before I exchange them? Right now I've got only about 5.5K. Also have 3.5M in coins, level 34. 13 airports. Should I focus on more slots, or on fully upgrading my airports first? (They're only upgraded to level 2).

10. boomerkidd

boomerkidd Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    You should upgrade your class 3 airports to level 3 to get the most number of jobs available! It's 44.5k bux to a billion coins if i remember correctly. I don't think there's a need to get more slots. I have 26 slots but i'm only using 22 at the moment. :D

11. Timey

Timey Member

Nov 25, 2012
    I'll take a M. I do feel i need to send you sonething back. Anyways, how do you guys make so much coins? I seem to make only 30kish on a regular day and varying amounts of bux.

12. dantt99

Sep 8, 2012
    Can you add me on GC? It's dantt99

13. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    I have 38 plane slots. I exchanged 25,000 bux for 325m coins (I think is 325 million). I expanded from 23 to 38 plane slots I think (can't rmb exact number of plane slots). 38 slots is excessive I know (kiasu syndrome), but I like having a lot of space/slots.

If you are going for a bux strategy, you should determine which class 3 airports you want to have "permanently" and upgrade them all to lvl 3. That gives you more jobs per job refresh and more layover slots. Another thing is that while your bux will increase very fast, your coins probably won't (you frequently making losing money flights). I was stuck at around 2m (too little to expand to a new plane slot) for some 3 weeks until I did the bux exchange. Even now, I noticed that my coins remain more or less the same.

14. boomerkidd

boomerkidd Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Yepp same here. I was stuck on 2m coins for a while. Doing events helped a little in increasing coins but it was painfully slow. After a couple of events did i finally reach 3m plus :D but coins at this stage don't matter anymore. It's the bux that counts!

By the way i just started on the barcelona event. Currently there are 47 people participating in TA1 :p

15. matma92ser

matma92ser Active Member

Sep 24, 2012
    I love your philosophy and strategy for this game Merlion. I'm tempted to give it a try myself. I had already started leaning this way, when I hangered half my Sequoia's to bring back my Aeroeagles as it was more fun filling up 6 jobbers than 10 jobbers.

GC: matma92ser

16. RoboBoto

RoboBoto Well-Known Member

May 1, 2012
    Class 2 event, top ten TA1all over 2500 jobs each.
    Not too shabby.

17. CastlePage

Sep 28, 2012
    Jiayou boomer ! :D

:) For myself, I'm keeping a VERY CLOSE EYE on #3, who snucked up on us on couple days ago. I'm just doing my bit to keep TA1 at #2. I'm so happy when I see other big guns overtake me because that makes it a little bit harder for #3 to overtake us.

May we all have Green_paper's spirit. He is currently at a very respectable #6 with 2923 jobs.

Let's all echo Gandalf's cry on the bridge in Moria: "Thou shalt not pass !!!" (which reminds me of his next line "Fly, you fools!".)

BTW, who is currently at #8 in the top 10? Please add me GC CastlePage. I have a "hole" in the leaderboard sheet for Barcelona.

18. MishaK-R

MishaK-R Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Montreal, Canada
    #9598 MishaK-R, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
    I've seen a lot of people have only 9 airports, all class 3. Which ones should I use? Should I use LA, btw, cos I've upgraded it? And what is your central hub for bux jobs?

19. dantt99

Sep 8, 2012
    I've got a couple more open than I should, but it works fine for me:
    LA, NY, Mexico City, Rio, Kinshasa, Lagos, Cairo Mumbai, Paris, Seuol + event city and others nearby.

20. CastlePage

Sep 28, 2012
    I have LA, NY, London, Paris, Tehran, Tokyo, Lima, Kinshasa, Jakarta. All of them are upgraded to lvl 3.