Problem with AppShopper app

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by KiwiAcer, May 26, 2011.

1. KiwiAcer

KiwiAcer Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    New Zealand
    Hi all - hope this is an okay place to post this - if not, happy for it to be moved.

I'm having trouble with the AppShopper app. The problem is I'm not getting push notifications of price drops (wishlist), even though I have these enabled in both the app and in my ipod (Touch, 4G) settings. I was getting them fine, until the past month or so. I have also tried removing the app and re-downloading it.

I have tried emailing [email protected] but I never get a response. Are they normally bad at replying to emails, or am I just unlucky?

Finally, on a less serious, slightly related note... can somebody please tell Marianne Schultz to stop capitalising every word in her headlines :p It kinda grinds my gears. Example: 'PSN Status' Tells You if PlayStation Network Is Up or Down

Thanks to anyone who can help.

2. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    hi, there was an issue but it was fixed last week.

Are you still not getting pushes in the past week?

arn

3. KiwiAcer

Apr 10, 2011
    New Zealand
    Hi Arn, nope, there was a price drop I wasn't informed of just yesterday.

4. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I've turned my push notifications for both price drops and app updates and will see if I get them or not. Normally I don't have them on to conserve power.

5. arn

arn Administrator

Apr 19, 2008
    ok,

we should have fixed it. Let me know if it's still not working for you.

arn

6. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I've like to add that I've been getting e-mail notifications continually although I've gone into my appshopper profile (through the pc) and have unchecked all of the notification boxes and saved. Not sure why I'm still getting these e-mails. Any help with this? Or is it something other than my oversight?

7. chrberni

chrberni Administrator

Sep 4, 2009
    Developer
    Assuming your AppShopper user is "Coldar" as well, I see you still have wishlist price drops and wishlist updates email notifications selected. you should be able to unselect those here:

http://appshopper.com/profile

thanks,
    chris

8. KiwiAcer

Apr 10, 2011
    New Zealand
    Thanks for sorting this out - I can confirm that all the push notifications are working for me now.

Another question: I use the appshopper.com importer to update my list of owned games, but it doesn't seem to remove games from "my apps" that I've long since uninstalled.

Is this a bug, or has it not been implemented yet? Its annoying seeing updates for games that I haven't had for a long time...

9. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #9 Coldar, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
    Edit: Ah, I see.. I've got two accounts. Problem corrected. Thanks Chris.
    Really love this app btw.:)

10. KiwiAcer

Apr 10, 2011
    New Zealand
    On reflection of this, it's good that it keeps note of which games you've owned so that you don't redownload them, but I find it annoying that we still get update notifications (for example) of apps that we've uninstalled. Perhaps there could be a third list... My apps, wish list and uninstalled (or previously owned)?

11. Mctron

Mctron Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Spaced out Adventurerer
    Cool Sounding Coordinates #5
    Catagories

I love those special catagories on the appstore like you know last week they had games for scallywags and so on and was wondering if you could add special game catagories like that.

12. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

I'm not seeing that as a "problem" ... if anything, it comes closer to being a "request."

13. KiwiAcer

Apr 10, 2011
    New Zealand
    The original post in this thread was about not receiving notifications - a PROBLEM that has now been fixed.

I didn't use the word problem in recent posts about deleted apps still showing in "my apps". I guess you could call it a request. :)

14. amkalisa

amkalisa Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Hi,

I have a question/"problem not sure", my game (Panda Escape) was released with $1.99, and have these doubts:

1- In first weekend, I dropped the price to $0.99, it appeared correctly with Price Drop. after a day, I returned the price to $1.99, it show price increase (is this correct, or it should not show increase because it is released with $1.99).

2- After another day, I dropped the price again to $0.99, it did not appear in the list "What's New", but If I search for it, it gives me Price Drop, but unable to find it in the "What's New List".

Is this normal, how frequently the APP shopper refresh the list of APPS, and how frequently the price drop should be in order to appear in APP Shopper in "What's New"

Thanks In Advance.