Slot Machine Apps Per Hour

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jerutix, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Has anyone noticed how many slot machine apps are added to the App Store every hour? I was looking for something on App Shopper yesterday that just came out (setting - all iOS, New, All), and I went through like 20 pages of slot machine apps before NOT finding what I was looking for.

It looks like 25ish are released every hour. How? Why? For whom?

I'm guessing the cost of reskinning is so cheap that whoever is making these can do a large number assuming 1 out of every ?? will hook a whale.

But, with stats like what was released last week (for every 1000 Apps, 10 are Apple TV and 1 is Apple Watch), does that count that 700 are slot machine apps?

2. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Even the price drop page has become pretty much saturated with them. I don't go there much now because slot machine apps are imo one of the least appealing games on the market.

3. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    That is why I hardly use Appshopper, or AppZap Pro anymore.. just too much crap to dig through (aka, slot apps galore).. Should be regulated in some way..

4. Beth

Beth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 29, 2014
    Professional do-nothing'er
    Eastern usa
    Thank you! I drives me crazy every time I try to search for anything online or in the AppStore, honestly if it's not Slots or video poker apps it's a crappy clone/ rip off of anything popular.
    AppShopper is almost impossible, I wish they would let us edit search preferences to exclude that junk!
    The amount of slot apps on the Top charts is pretty astounding, guess all these random apps are hoping to hit it big!
    I've never really got the whole gambling without actually using/ winning $ ....