Guilty pleasure games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MasterChief3624, Jan 16, 2013.

1. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Anyone have any games they recognize as true wastes of time, but still find yourself playing them?

For me, Happy Wheel is one. That's what sparked the idea for this topic, actually! It's a simple game, where you just tap the screen to drop balls into a container, while a wheel riddled with point holes spins around, and you try to get your balls into those holes, to earn points.

The IAP force is strong with this one, but it's entirely plausible to rack up coins and balls without the need to resort to IAP.

If you play every day, each day you will earn a Daily Surprise. It seems to be varied, but generally it seems I receive tokens and balls. Sometimes only 100 balls, one time I got 500! So it really depends.

Anywho, do you have any games you play that you know are legitimate wastes of time, but still find yourself kind of... having fun with them?

No shame! :cool:

2. leonard_dabinski

leonard_dabinski Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Monsters ate my condo and fruit ninja!

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #3 JBRUU, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
    Well, all games are a waste of time really...only hobby I think would be more of a waste would be watching television all day. At least with movies you would get some dose of culture and art, depending on what you watch.

/rant

I know everyone said Gameloft's TASM was a terrible game, but I actually like it, sans the voice acting.

Can't think of any others atm.

4. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Pixel defense heroes and battleheart and heroes and castles

5. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Guilty pleasure means a game you shouldn't like due to quality or subject matter but can't get enough of it.

Some of the titles listed here no one would feel guilty about playing them!

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Ah. Well then I misinterpreted the OP. Will have to revise my post.

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Happy Street. Been playing since day 1. Still play it multiple times daily. Only freemium builder I've ever played for over 2 weeks.

8. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    I cant stop tending to my Smpsons tapped out town, so far Ive resisted to spend a cent on it, mainly because it needs internet connection so I know EA will eventually pull the plug and all cities will be wiped out.

I usually hate social sims but since downloading it when it came back to the appstore ive checked it almost daily and if it didnt had the need to be online for playing I would probably spent 50+ bucks on a large donut pack just to have the characters and buildings I want.

Tricky stuff dealing with freemium, sometimes you do get hooked on them, crappy gameplay and all.

9. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Miniflyer - hated it but wanted to get into the top 25 on game centre just so I got my money's worth as i bought it before it went free. That showed it!

10. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    tiny wings

11. Dammit, I was going to make a topic like this!

I don't think any of you understand the concept of a guilty pleasure though.

A guilty pleasure is pretty much liking something you shouldn't like. In this case, it's liking something that is generally disliked by others.

I never buy anything without looking into it and seeing if its worth my time, so I don't have many guilty pleasures in general, but the few I have when it comes to iOS are:

Dead Trigger
    Mass Effect: Infiltrator

...I think that's pretty much it.

12. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I like and play Flight Control Rocket from time to time. Everyone complains about the IAP..but it's never bothered me.

13. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Angry Birds Space (just the fact that it's an AB game has me not wanting to tell people that I enjoy the hell out of it)
    Spongebob's Super Bouncy Fun Time (I bought it for my youngest daughter, but I think I might just play it more than her)
    Monkey Bump (it's made by PomPom, which helps, but it's so simple and not very challenging... It's something I don't play around my friends for fear of having to actually tell them how much I enjoy it)
    Cannon Cat (yah... Cheesy... But sometimes I just get in a mood, and then can't get enough of it...)

None of these are games that I would ever let anyone at work or any or my friends ever see me play....

14. Joyomi

Joyomi Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Virginia
    Puffle launch.... It's a club penguin game that is really fun, and kinda hard.

15. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Lmao... I was going to include that in my list...

Puffle Launch, Cannon Cat and Land-A-Panda... All great little pretty mindless games that I absolutely enjoy way too much

16. ConnectorKiller

ConnectorKiller Active Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Definitely not Spooky Hoofs, I never feel guilt when I enjoy a nice game of Spooky Hoofs, I only feel pleasure.

17. #17 Connector, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
    Don't know why, but Catch the Ark has been my go to game this week, mostly cause it plays so well on my tv I guess.

Attached Files:

18. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #18 GodSon, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
    *puts head down and mumbles* Final Fantasy Air Brigade. :eek:

Not sure how it happened, not a Mobage fan in the least bit, but, yeah. I play FFAB on my iPad & Android since the account is linked. It definitely caught me by surprised and I've been playing it from time to time in spurts ever since. Same with Defender of Texel (D.O.T.), its a gem of a Freemium game for on the go spurts.

19. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet