iPhone Grim Joggers

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by 10tonsLtd, Dec 22, 2010.

1. 10tonsLtd

10tonsLtd Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Here's some iPad video of our upcoming game Grim Joggers. The main goal is to run as far as possible before all the joggers face a gruesome death. The game will have Game Center leaderboards and a bunch of achievements. It'll be universal so you can play on the iPad too! The game will run smoothly and in fullscreen. Grim Joggers should be out in January 2011.

Visit www.grimjoggers.com for more info.

2. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    This looks GREAT! Like an Endless Runner with a little Lemmings thrown in! :p

3. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    It does look good I'm a big fan of endless runners my favourite at the minute is Inspector gadget on the iPad :)

4. layzerboy

layzerboy Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Outer Space
    looks zee cooool...

5. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    Here's a trailer. The game should be out within a week if everything goes as planned!

6. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    Looking forward to this great vid :D

7. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Loved the high budget feel to this EPIC vid!

I'm just amazed how all of the 10 Tons staff look so identical when jogging! :p

8. paul100

paul100 Active Member

I have played many 10tonsLtd games... I think i will add this game too in the list.. interesting and cool game :)

9. HMAudio

HMAudio Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Audio Designer
    Toronto
    So do you just control one jogger and the rest are AI, or are the rest somehow tied in to random other real players past instances of their gameplay?

10. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    The player controls the first jogger directly. The other joggers will execute the same commands. However, there's some amount of random dropped in so the other joggers may take different paths at times.

The tighter you can keep the pack, the better the game usually goes. This means trying to time jumps so that there's some room for error. If you make a jump that barely makes it across a gap or a spike trap, it's likely that some of your joggers won't make it. It's an interesting and fun experience :)

The game should be out tomorrow on 26th Feb!