Games you will probably never delete...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by GodSon, Dec 21, 2009.

1. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I'm sure a thread like this has been made but not for some time now. There are a bunch of new games as well as new members. It would be good to other TA members' suggestions. I think it would benefit us all(including myself) to help with some future purchases. I will name several of my personal favorites and why...

The following are games(in no particular order) that I highly recommend and have personally come to love on my iPod Touch 2G that I will most likely never delete:

- PuzzleQuest Chapter 1&2: Very well put together game that is the best match three puzzler. This game offers a ton of depth because of its RPG elements.

Mid-evil setting, Several great character classes with a huge move pool per class, Mounts, Many enemies that you can obtain additional skills from, armor upgrades, Alchemy for additional armor and weapons, Castles to conquer, save slots for all character classes, Male and female avatars for all classes, leveling system, Many puzzles to figure out, Very beautiful graphics, Fights involve much stratigizing from your earned skills, Match 3 style fighting, very long gameplay. :D

- Defender Chronicles: This is one of the best if not Best Tower defense games made for the iTouch. It also has RPG elements that makes it unique.

Hand Drawn Graphics, Two unique characters, very well put together 2-d style gameplay, Very colorful, Has a huge amount of weapons/armor to buy that benefits both your heroes and army, Army is upgradeable per level, A store for unlocking more content, Hours of replayability,
    several different game modes that give you money for campaign, Achievements via Openfeint. :D

- Eliminate Pro: Everyone has their opinions regarding this game and i just happen to be one of the people who like it. Great online first person shooter with RPG elements. Free to play with in-game purchase of energy that will level you faster. PAYING IS NOT REQUIRED TO BE ONE OF THE BEST, it will just take a little longer. :rolleyes:

Online 4 player deathmatch, Quick rounds for great quick gameplay bursts, A good array of upgradeable weapons and armor that are all unique, Great character customization, Great graphics, leveling and skill system for matchmaking with other players around the world, In game temporary upgrades to add strategy on the fly, A good amount of maps for added diversity, Friending system to invite players to private matches, Game devs are constantly working to make game better via additional in game content and tweaking, Achivement system via Plus+ network.

- Battle for Wesnoth: Hands down the best Turn based strategy game the iTouch has to offer imo. ;)

Mid-evil setting, hundreds of hours of gameplay, Cross platform multiplayer, HUGE AMOUNT OF CONTENT, well over 200 different playable character units that evolve when leveled up as well as there own distinctive abilities, very detailed terrains and characters, Awesome dialouges within separate campaigns, Several major factions, Dev has been with us hand in hand and is working very hard on additional updates, Future Openfeint update with achievements for even more replayability.

- Archon Conquest: The campaign version to the classic Archon Series. Solid Turn based strategy game.

4 campaigns with 60 quests, has a chess feel while in TBS mode, has a separate top down combat system so you earn your wins, 2 factions light and dark, great story to campaign, good amount of different characters that unique in there own right, leveling system, in game power-ups, Worldwide leaderboards and awards via Plus+

Skies of Glory: Feels like a mobile version of Crimson Skies. WWII multiplayer air combat.

Some of the best graphics on the iTouch to date, accelerometer controls that feel natural and keep players engaged, 8 player dogfights via Wifi, Skirmish and campaign modes, DLC shop for additional content, Game involves much strategy to kill, can take off from your base or an aircraft for bombing runs, and your able to make alliances, Multiple camera views that will suit almost any players, Very solid audio to make game even more realistic. :D

- Stair Dismount: Hands down the best 3-d ragdoll simulation game. Very simple as well as very addictive.

Simple game where you push Mr. Dismount down stairs and watch him dismount for maximum damage, beautiful realistic graphics, Very accurate 3-d physics, Select images from your photo library facebook images of your friends and share you dismounts, awesome levels, very good camera angles, Very addictive, achievements and leaderboards via Openfeint. :D

- Red Bull X-Fighters: Freestyle motocross at its finest!

8 different locations with 60 very challenging levels, 20 different stunts to master, various game modes, different bikes and player uniforms to unlock to make your own unique rider based off your own earned achievements, Impress the crowd system and gain fans to move up in rank, save replays of your trick runs and replay them at will, Ghosts to follow levels you may need to beat, great demo's prior to the levels to give you an idea of what you have to do to score high enough to progress, pretty solid physics when you crash and all around, This game is pure addiction! :cool:

There are others I have that I will never part with but I don't want to be too greedy naming them so I will leave it at these. How about your suggestions and why TA? :)

2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Defender Chronicles
    Drop7

and those are the only ones.

3. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Never played Drop7. Whats it like?

4. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Hard for me to explain to be honest.

All I know is it's addicting.

Basic mode of Chain Factor is pretty much exactly what Drop7 is.

You can try it here if you're interested: http://chainfactor.com/

5. Bluellama1

Bluellama1 Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Student
    Metro Detroit, Michigan
    Mr. Bounce: I'm just too high on the leaderboards to delete this one
    Shopping Cart Hero: a great time wasted that saves your spot making it a great pick up and play game
    MiniGore: I just can't

6. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I'm going to be original and say NOVA. :rolleyes:

7. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

90% of what is on my iPhone right now.

8. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

What imario said:D

9. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    At the moment:

Defender Chronicles
    Gemmed
    Rogue Touch
    Sword of Fargoal
    Labyrinth 2

10. aafuss

aafuss Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Gold Coast, Australia
    WordJong-a very fun word game that has daily puzzles to complete.

11. dommur

dommur Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2009
    pm me ill tell u
    not to sound cheap or stingy i keep all the games i buy on my iphone its makes me feel guilty for some reason if i delete an app i bought

12. Aylek

Aylek Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I will say hoggy, but I delete and reinstall to beat the game all over again.

13. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    Same here. It's also the same reason why Apple's cursed me in the deep end and will continue to upgrade as long as the iPod touch's capacity will increase yearly. 128gb this September, if so happens. And give me a 32gb iPhone this July, please. I also found a workaround in the number of App pages limitation without the need to glitch or jb.

Curse you Apple; when will the tablet arrive? :D

14. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Same here. I've never deleted a paid app.

15. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
    #15 jyhjyh, Dec 21, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
    I will not delete games that I cannot "finish" because there are no limited number of levels.

Solebon Solitaire, Sudoku Enjoy, Sliders, Smiles, Trism, Fuzzle, NineGaps, Monumental, Roto,Str8ts, Xpandaballs, Tritowes Solitaire, BoXiKon, Charmed, Bejeweled, Mr. Space!!, Gyrotate, Super Juicy, Frenzic, PileUp!, Trixel, Mouse About, Brim!, GeoSpark etc.

16. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i just keep all the paid games cos im cheap!:D

17. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    All DS Effects games. I'll be keeping those around just incase I ingest some poisons and need to make myself puke.

But if I really had to pick one, it'd probably be TNA. Either TNA or NOVA right now, both are awesome.

18. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    Doodle jump
    edge
    cod zombies

19. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Well, I've downloaded about 10 pages of paid apps and I only kept about 2 pages.

I don't think I'm going to keep any. If I don't play a game for a while I realize it should probably be deleted. But I think it's about time I go onto my computer and redownload some paid apps. Sometimes apps are really good, but you just get sick of them and pick up something new. That's what the iPhone is made for.

20. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I don't see myself deleting Labyrinth 2

older games:
    galcon
    touchgrind
    zen bound
    eliss
    edge