Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Used level 10 for both....10 seems to be my habitual number to use :cool:

2. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    So, so far the successful breeding combos for Leap Year Dragon on this forum has been:

Firefly/Snow
    Love/Panlong
    Panlong/Love
    Mud/Scorch

of varying levels and in both breeding cave and on EBI.

We also have a Cold/Love combo which hasn't really been confirmed, has it? Someone asked if it really was cold and not snow...

No, I'm not keeping track!:D
    And I'm not a BIT disappointed that I'm not being able to repeat my first successful breeding with love and Panling. :mad:
    What if the dragon disappears after tomorrow? The Love dragon is gone fron Market now.

:p

3. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Thanks for posting this, Yasha. I'll be referring to it as I muddle thru failed attempts. :p
    Congrats on your first LY dragon- hoping your second is not far behind!

4. Deeneez

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Leap Year Dragon

Has anyone been able to even get a second Leap Year Dragon? :confused:

Would they rig it so only one Leap Year is allowed? Would they be so sneaky? :eek:

5. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    That is a good question I would love to know that. I have spent many gems trying to breed but can not get a second one and will only breed with its on are rainbow. Those my have really been wasted gems. I just need to have more patience.

6. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    Thank you for asking that .I hope to see a response.

7. aredo

aredo New Member

Feb 28, 2012
    #2607 aredo, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
    I have successfully bred two new year dragons, both times i used Blazing + Mud. Breeding New Year with New Year also guarantees a New Year Dragon, I am currently sitting on five or six I think. My gamecenter name is Aredo if you want to check.
    EDIT: I do not have five leap year dragons. I misread the question, I have yet to successfully breed one of these but I'm glad to hear what I said worked for someone.

8. LBryanDLC

LBryanDLC Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    This is my first post, although I've been lurking for a while and playing DV since last September.

After a failed Love/Panlong attempt, I hit the 14:30 Leap Year using a 15 Scorch and a 10 Mud (in that order) in the normal breeding cave.

9. Deeneez

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest

Wheeew, glad to hear that. Now I know that I won't be wasting my efforts and gems trying for the second one. Thanks for sharing with us

10. Alyjens

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    LY dragon goes away on March 1st!!!!! I'm in big trouble if my luck doesn't change. :eek::eek::eek:

11. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    You're joking!!!

That's ridiculous and mean of the developers if that's true!! Not everyone has gems to use to speed up fails, I have used nearly all of my precious gems speeding up countless fails and have managed to get one success!! Will keep trying for a second before it goes but now have a 36 hour fail taking up space in one of my caves!! Can't bring myself to use the last of my gems on that one!! Mud/scorch was my success by the way, no joy with panlong/love.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you alygens and hope you get one very soon!!!

12. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I see I'm not alone. I've spent waaaaay to many gems speeding up numerous fails for Leap Year. I suppose maybe 15? Fails. :-(

Now I won't spend another gem and will be glad that I got one at least.

My breeding facilities are blocked now, with 48 h breedings. *BAAAAAAH*

13. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    BFS has the best business strategy if u think about it.

Release a version of the rarest dragon that takes WAY LESS time to breed and only have it available for 3 days.

Then everyone will drop $2-10 and they'll make a couple million in the process.

14. Lao-shu

Lao-shu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Somehow, I don't think it's quite going to work that way. I got two of them without spending anything, and it seems like a lot of other people in this thread have also got at least one on their first or second attempts. It doesn't seem to be that rare, at all, except in that it's a time-limited release: it only took me a handful of breedings to get two.

Is it confirmed that it's only available for 3 days?

15. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    They did release that statement on their FB page so it sounds legit.

Ive tried cold/love a few times and got a 48 Hour this morning ughhh.. tried mud scorch and got 3 hours, gotta wait for nursery room

16. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    I have used 800 gems to get a second I can not believe they made it this hard my husband is going to be so mad at me. Good luck every one

17. ~J~

~J~ Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Software Developer
    London
    Firefly/Snow in breeding cave worked 1st attempt for me. VERY nice golden egg :)

18. Bluangl27

Bluangl27 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Hey guys!! Been incognito getting ready to move as hubs has joined the air force.
    I just tried the firefly/snow combo and got the 14 and half hour wait. First try. Guess I got lucky today. That's unusual. ;p
    Good luck everyone!!

19. Alyjens

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Race against Time

Thanks, Jazbo! That is the big problem though, many of us are getting the big wait times on the failed attempts. Glad for you that you have at least one LY dragon.

@allanon: you are so right-great business strategy on BFS's part. Even I am considering a gem purchase if time is running out.

@Timeless: Ha! Ha! My husband is already miffed at all the time I spend on DV. Buying gems would just do him in! LOL!! But I'll do so anyway, if I have to....Hee! Hee! ;) :p

20. Alyjens

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    #2620 Alyjens, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
    Success!!!!!

Aredo, thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Used Blazing 11/Mud 4 and got a 14:30 timer! Hang in there everyone and good luck!!

(and I didn't even have to buy gems! Hubby will be so relieved LOL!