iPhone Spellcraft - Collectable Card Game - by Three Goblins Ltd

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sladeums, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Thanks, Steve.

Then I can report that it does not work. I had 30+ minions in my pile 4-5 times, but did not get it.

And next question:
    Can you influence in what order the achievements are shown, or does Gamecenter do this automatically? Right now the order is quite mixed up, and not organised. E.g. I would put all "win x numbers of mulitplayer matches" achievments together, same for ones that go by faction.

2. Lechatcurieux

Lechatcurieux Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2012
    London

I was going to ask you the same thing!! I wasn't sure you'd remember. When we were testing, we found the bone dragon did some illogical moves which the goblins have noted for the next update. He uses 4 power to wipe out his opponent, but a lot of the time he would use his four power and nothing would happen.

Or he would waste his 4 power attacking a creature with 5+ health=no damage done.

But my under dark worm (4/1) was unapposed, next door your bone dragon faced my Darkling assassin (love those guys), I saw you drop four power and my under dark went to my discard but assassin remained intact.

I didn't notice that you had taken a hit as well though.

I don't trust those bone dragons until the update (in other word please take them out of your deck as they kill too many of my minions lol).

As you noticed, your howling banshees are my biggest problem at the moment. I have my moves all carefully planned then you mess it up by sending my guys running away to different paths. I will have to think of something.

I really want to use the swamp deck, but there are cards in the greens and purples I really need and can't decide which ones to keep with me.

Look forward to a rematch :)

3. Lechatcurieux

Sep 12, 2012
    London
    Oh and that STUPID GHOST!! she's just there with just one damage and I think I'll just concentrate on bigger things. And every turn she's there chipping away at my health, then before I know it....*dead*

4. Steve at ThreeGoblins

Steve at ThreeGoblins Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Game Designer and Teacher
    Tokyo
    Yes the Bone Dragon is misbehaving on occassion. Clearly it's not been trained well enough. I will be taking it for regular walks over the Christmas period, and by the update, it will have learned to behave itself.

One more nice feature we want to include in the January update is in-game chat
    ( typing not live speaking)
    I think this is very useful and will better connect players. Wanted to include it this time but Apple shut for Xmas. Us goblins never sleep.

Cheers
    Steve, ThreeGoblins

5. Steve at ThreeGoblins

Sep 10, 2012
    Tokyo
    Ok, will look into this immediately.

6. Lechatcurieux

Sep 12, 2012
    London
    @ Sheinfell, there are some strange happenings with the achievements at the moment. Trust me, they have at least 50 emails from me along the lines of "meh meh meh achievement meh meh blah". They are sorting it for the update

@Talbs, I guess the iPhone version really only gave them a few inches to play with. I agree it involves more opening of cards to get details, but of course once you learn them you no longer need to. Did you manage to get up and running on the iPhone and iPad together? Give us an update....

@ Goblin,
    "(2) A cards faction will determine if it gets a slight edge or not. Eg expect direct damage Fire spells to be the best for the mana, compared to say a Forest card that might exist to do direct damage."

Now I confess I had mulled wine with lunch, but honestly, I read that three times and still don't know what you are going on about. I even had to google Mana....what is this new word lol?

Re: Casting costs....genuinely, they are spot on. I am forever thinking oh boy if that card was JUST a 3 not a 4..... The more you play the more you realise how much thought has gone into the cards.

*hic*

7. Lechatcurieux

Sep 12, 2012
    London
    IN....GAME....CHAT.......

*backflip*
    *wall of death around room*
    Yipeeeee:D

8. Steve at ThreeGoblins

Sep 10, 2012
    Tokyo
    Just done it. It's now grouped into something a bit more logical at least. These changes go live instantly and you can see them now.

Hope that helps.
    Steve @ ThreeGoblins

9. Steve at ThreeGoblins

Sep 10, 2012
    Tokyo
    Hehe,sorry about that. I lapsed into 'Magic The Gathering speak'. By mana I meant Power Points.

I am happy to read you find our casting costs pretty balanced.
    We think very very carefully about them. Give a card a tiny edge and suddenly every deck ever will use 4 of them. Very delicate business.

What I was saying about cards getting a slight edge based on their faction...

Well each faction has 2 main areas they focus on.
    (1) The story theme - Can't be having water creatures in Fire, etc.
    (2) It's main game mechanic. Fire's thing is direct damage. Forest is minions , and a fair bit of healing. Ocean is about change, Underworld is about sneakiness, Swamp about the discard pile and death and decay.

So if we has a card from Fire that did 5 damage and a card from Forest that did 5 damage, we are more inclined to make the Fire card cost a little less or give it some other little edge, as that's Fire's "thing".

Hope that makes sense now. If not, I recommend further mulled wine.

Cheers!
    Steve

10. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    #270 Sheinfell, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
    @Goblins:
    What does the new orangeish "syncing" thingie mean, that I now get at the bottom when I start up Spellcraft?

And do you know how GC updates its data?
    Yesterday it faithfully updated for the first 3 levels I gained in campaign.
    But after that I am stuck at lvl 43, and it does not want to change that.
    I tried relogin to GC, and some other stuff like starting Spellcraft from GC, but nothing seems to trigger a data update.
    On the other hand I can see other players' data still getting updated all the time, so I guess there is a hiccup somewhere...

11. Krossek

Krossek Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Germany
    Doesnt work. All My Progress is gone. I m desperate :(:(

12. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I don't think it was answered from my previous post.

How do we get our progress from iPad over to iPhone.
    I started the iPhone up and had to start from scratch again.
    What is the process of this to transfer game progress from iPad to iPhone?

13. Lechatcurieux

Sep 12, 2012
    London
    Talbs and Krossek,

Honestly dont panic, these goblins are far cleverer than they look :)p) and will sort you out.

Send them an email and give them as much detail as you can about what you did and in what order. They always answer quickly [email protected]

Do come back and let us know the outcome, the info will be useful for all of us.

14. Steve at ThreeGoblins

Sep 10, 2012
    Tokyo
    Yes, do contact us, with any problems with updates on

[email protected]

Please include your iOS version number, which device(s) you are using and whether you have iCloud enabled.

Thanks
    Steve @ ThreeGoblins

15. Lechatcurieux

Sep 12, 2012
    London
    Good game SteveTurner! Thanks. Did you like my last deck, I've named it unbeatable.

I felt bad in one of the games as you laid the bone dragon and I had a handful of lost and taken under cards, I actually felt sorry for the poor Dragon.

Play soon x

16. Steve at ThreeGoblins

Sep 10, 2012
    Tokyo

Sheinfell, sorry I didn't answer that one.

Ok, well the levels 41-50 are heavily themed around the undead's arrival.
    Off the top of my head around 65% of decks will include them.

The next update will see a small change to make the deck you face not always be the one you are expecting.....it might be,but it also might be the previous deck or even the next deck in the sequence. Just to keep players on their toes.

Steve @ ThreeGoblins

17. Steve at ThreeGoblins

Sep 10, 2012
    Tokyo
    Yes good games. You are most scary when you use Forest stuff!
    I will make some killer decks at some point, but I need some more cards for my deviant plans. Mwhahahahah....

18. Steve at ThreeGoblins

Sep 10, 2012
    Tokyo
    Spellcraft forum

We are thinking of adding a forum to our website but are a bit unsure, as THIS forum has seemed to have become the main contact point for several of the most frequent players.

Don't want to set it up if people are happier here. Any thoughts?

Steve @ ThreeGoblins

19. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Goblins,

I'm neutral on the new forum thing. We're going pretty well here, but then again most of the successful games end up setting up their own forum.

I will email you right now on the problem I'm having.
    Basically I can't get my iPhone to sync to the progress I have on my iPad. This may be because I started playing the iPhone without iCloud enabled (because there's a known bug for iPhone 5 and iCloud where it constantly accesses your data. I was going through 1-4kb/s constantly all day when I had iCloud enabled. Anyway I now have iCloud back on, but the game either stays at the "syncing" bit or, does the sync but actually it's not the same as my iPad, rather its basically a new game).

Sending email...

20. Mack the Knife

Mack the Knife Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    @Steve,

Forgive me for this dumb question but because of LOTS of other distractions I am only just now playing with the update but tell me, is the Undead faction I was looking forward to now the Swamp people?