Sorry for this post....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by tso5818, Jul 27, 2013.

1. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Hello, my name is Travis(tso5818) I have had girlfriend for 4 years 2 days ago and we met up with each other 3 times. We haven't met lot more because I don't have the money and we both have college. So the day of our 4 year and till today she's been acting weird and saying she is wanting to hang out with other people, have fun, talk to other people. I'm so confused as I don't know what to do in life anymore. Kind of on the edge of wanting to join the military and forget about my life for good.
    Feels like know one cares about me anymore. I spoiled her, I actually do nothing wrong always make her happy.

She just messaged me saying she deleted her Facebook account we had for the whole 4 years.

Please tell me there isn't nothing to worry about that she just needs her space.

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Maybe she just needs space, but I'd be lying if I said it's definitely going to work out. A lot of people don't realise they're not cut out for long-distance relationships until they're already in one. All you can really do right now is try to have an honest talk with her and get her to tell you where she's at.

Letting go can be tough, but there's really no substitute for being in a relationship with somebody you can see every day. It probably won't seem like it now, but if you lose this girl and end up with someone who can provide just that, you'll find out eventually that it was the right choice to make.

3. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    This.

4. Girlfriend for 4 years, and you only met three times? So this is an online romance?

5. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    We facetime everyday. Like I said we don't have much money. And we are in college. So after college I was planning on moving down there with the little amount of money I have. But everything is just going the wrong way.

I say why?

6. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    But i really don't get it. I am a kind, caring, loveably guy. Im romantic and don't drink, smoke or party. I want to have a perfect future, and wanted to have one with her.
    Would you deny this if I say I am truly different from every other guy out there. Even though you don't know me. By the littlest things I am saying here. Does it trigger in your brain that maybe that I am one of a kind, different from all the horndogs out there.

I dont know I am probably talking out my ass. But I do believe that I am different. Some what girl emotions, etc.

Maybe your right and she needs space, I will do exactly that and let here choose to text me when she feels like it. Even though my heart tells me to text her first.

Thanks for helping.

7. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    #7 MidianGTX, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
    You need to pluck up the courage to ask her the question nobody likes to ask. Then you'll get answers.

I've been through the whole "I'm different" thing too, 'cause despite being a dick online, I'm really respectful to girls in everyday life, but being awesome isn't what creates "the spark". That happens entirely of its own accord and if it's not there, there isn't much you can do.

8. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    #8 tso5818, Jul 28, 2013
    I actually did ask the hard questions, I asked is there someone you saw and might have liked to known, am I not really your type, do you feel forced in the relationship, etc.
    She got mad and I said I just want to know the truth. She says she loves me, but she would like to get out the house more and meet knew people. I said like see other guys? She hesitated to say anything. So it is down hill for me.
    I will try to keep updated if you guys like. So I don't go completely insane.
    I use to be shy around everyone, but when I met her it felt like I could act like a dork around anyone. I didn't care what people thought of me.

When I visited her the first time and we kissed we both felt a spark/feeling that we were mean't for eachother, then kissed more. She actually said there isn't anyone I would rather be with than you.
    Times change I guess.

I start to think to myself. Am I actually to nice and loving that drove her away?

9. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    If she just wants to make new friends then you'll have to go with it and be supportive. Ask her to make you one promise: That if she meets someone else or starts doubting her relationship with you, she'll tell you instead of messing you around. It's what any decent person should do.

10. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I'm not gonna candy-coat this for you. She's done with you, man. She wants a real relationship or none at all. Simple as that. This was never the real thing anyway. And really, chicks don't dig goody two shoes dudes anyhow. They want you to act like you don't need them, that attracts them for some strange reason, but that's true. They need a challenge, and you're too easy and needy. In the end that's boring and they'll wanna move on. You don't have that edge to you. Regardless, long distant relationships don't tend to work out in general, and fizzle out usually. For your own head, though, you gotta tell yourself there wasn't much there anyway, and move on. You'll find the right gal when you least expect it, too. You will! Just don't be too hard on yourself, these things happen. It just wasn't meant to be. Relationships are stepping stones-sometimes necessary to get to the right one! Keep your chin up, kid, and you'll be fine! :D

11. I hate to say this, but often many people treat internet relationships not seriously. In no way am I saying otherwise, but look at Gov Weiner and the such. Just because it seems real on the internet doesn't mean it is always true.

Anyway, I hope the best for you, I really do, just don't get hurt over an internet romance, often they are not as real as they may seem.

Good luck my friend,

Connector

12. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    I will tell her just that.
    Right now she is saying sorry and things, but we still have the rest of the day to talk. So hopefully everything is a ok.
    She says she been thinking about the stuff she said to me and she realized why ruin a 4 yr relationship if nothing is going wrong. That shes sorry.
    But I will text her that right now. See what she will say.

Thanks.

13. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    I know you meant your best, but when I visited those 3 times I actually stay a month or 2 when I do visit. To meet her family and get to know her more. Her family basically said they loved me. But could be an act. I have no idea.

Thanks for the luck I need it.

14. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    #14 k1lljoy_89, Jul 28, 2013
    No.

Nailed it.

Bingo.

I'm so helpful.

15. Oh well, that is different, I thought it meant like 3 dates or something. Your pm box is full, pm me for some more advice cause these personal issues are sometimes sensitive.

Take care, good luck my friend.

16. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Alright, when I get on the computer to delete messages, I will message you.

17. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    This isn't the person who sent their online lover that $100 or whatever, and they never got it back, right? :p

18. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    That's KJ, the most helpful person here :p

The lounge has somewhat turned into the place where people tell other people about somewhat important life n' stuff .-.

19. What? Kj is the most helpful person around? Sambo sambo sambo.

20. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Eh nope, not me.