Twitter Ads for games - does it work?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Peter Fodor, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Peter Fodor

Peter Fodor Member

May 5, 2015
    Marketing guy
    Prague, The Czech Republic
    Hey guys, I wonder if you have personal experience with Twitter ads for user acquisition? How you've targeted ads and what was your CTR and IR? Thanks for sharing!

2. endodoug

endodoug Well-Known Member

I like twitter ads. If your app is suited to super narrow targeting, you'll be successful. My engagement rate = 3.4% IR = 2% CPI = 0.09. I narrowed my targets to run ads only when certain hashtags were used. I have no idea how my figures stack up, so I hope more people chime in.

3. Jigglybean Games

Jigglybean Games Well-Known Member

Personally, I steer clear of Twitter/facebook/reddit ads. Very little click through, if any because all they want is your cash - and of course Facebook use click farms, so essentially its just not worth the time.

You're better off using something like chartboost or unity ads and get placed there and target your audience.

4. Peter Fodor

Peter Fodor Member

May 5, 2015
    Marketing guy
    Prague, The Czech Republic
    Thanks guys! It will be very interesting to hear more developers and see real CPI/CTR figures. I got CTR of 0,41% in my first test campaign for an Apple Watch app Arrive with a budget of $200. It seems to me very low, I assume that a good result is in single digits.

Anyone willing to share more insights?

5. vtamarit

vtamarit Active Member

Feb 3, 2014
    Valencia (Spain)
    The problem with Twitter Ads is that they charge you for every interaction with the ads. That means a user clicks on it, RT, or FAV. If you fail in the targeting, the campaign will consume a lot of your marketing budget without generating installs.

However, in Facebook you can create CPM campaings and switch them to CPI campaigns after a few days running.

But, I am with Jigglybean Games, Chartboost or Unity Ads are better platforms to marketing your games.