toucharcade, do you even care if your moderate goes on a power trip?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by tides, Jul 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2011
    this happened a long time ago, but please look at what your moderator New england gamer did in the tamamon thread
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=120398

do you allow your moderators to insult your users and then ban them when they defend their opinions?

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Mind you, I don't know the whole story beyond what's in the thread, but you came across as arrogant and out to get everyone who disagreed with you.

I'm not necessarily siding with NEG, but you were not in the right by derailing the thread into a series of seemingly personal attacks on everyone who posted in the thread, even if they did not outwardly disagree with you.

Posting several threads about the same thing is not going to get you many friends either.

3. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2011
    #3 tides, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
    arrogant? all i did was state facts, that people in countries such as china and south korea have their own internet communities and rarely visit English sites
    how many chinese or korean indie dev3 do you see actually coming to TA to promote their apps?
    even Volvin agreed with me and gave japan as an example

the only personal attack i made was on NGE who insulted me first FYI and he should be stripped of his status as a mod

also you're the only one that supported NGE in the entire thread btw and it is unfair to say that i was the one who derailed the thread as NGE started the squabble and i am sure i did not make any "personal attacks" on you since only you and NGE disagreed with me

oh and the one that is "arrogant and out to get everyone who disagreed with him" is NGE, after he banned me he even sent me a pm basically saying that i am a stupid idiot and that i should stfu because he *thinks* he's smarter then me

oh and btw NGE is pretty much gonna power trip and perma ban me so yea, it doesn't really matter anymore

4. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #4 Coldar, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
    Curious as to why its being brought up after half a year.
    Long time festering perhaps?

Add: nvm, just seen your duplicate thread.

5. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2011
    i was banned and i didn't care to log back in then i saw that TL2 admins was posting here so yea..

then i read the pm NGE sent me after he banned me and well...it was pretty messed up
    wasn't a year later thou was like half a year or so?

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Instead of moving along with it you are coming back and warm that topic again up after such a long Time?

If you still have some hard feelings about what had happend you really should consider...

[​IMG]

Look I`m not saying that TouchArcade is a place full of Love and cozy Feelings. As a matter of Fact even I and Eli are almost crushing into each other each Week because of some topics we both can`t agree on and still at the same time we kinda agree on a few Level and that might be probably the only Reason why I`m still here and not somewhere else.

To come to and End:

Don`t be to hard with NewEnglandGamer. As a matter of fact the Mods here were dealing with a lot of Shit during last Year on a Daily Base so even if the Message you got from NewEnglandGamer last Year might offend you I would guess that since your Account wasn`t banned for your Lifetime I guess you kinda had some valid Point deep down.

7. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    No. You started the insults first.
    There was nothing NEG (or anyone else for that matters) said before that post which can be remotely insulting to anyone.

You are allowed to post your opinions even if you disagree with the mods. Just make sure you dont assume that everyone else who disagrees with you is wrong and an idiot.

8. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    You said, and I quote, "come on people use your brain a little..."

That was the first rude comment posted, you were not only disrespectful enough to throw it at a senior member, but you were stupid enough to take on a moderator. Do I believe mods get a free pass, no. But I have the utmost respect for the crap they have to wade through every day in order to keep our community a nice one, and they do with no pay and little respect or appreciation. Maybe you should think of that while preparing to hurl insults next time.

By the way, wise words from one of our originals, I think it's needed, please read.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=1240069&postcount=58

~Cyg

9. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    #9 Red1, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
    Seriously? This is old news.

And the personal message you sent to the moderator was far more insulting than anything in that thread.

Thread closed.