iPad Crimson Gem Saga: Atlus/IRONNOS JRPG

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by squarezero, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Coldcoffee

Coldcoffee Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Student
    Monkey Island
    Oh, thanks. That worked, but there is no way to get the passive skills to work, So i shouldn't be investing in those crit increasing skills and other passive skills ?

2. MrJo

MrJo Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Anyone think it'll go on sale again for Christmas?

3. MrJo

MrJo Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Is this a game Atlus just published, or did they develop it? I recognize some of the music/character art/themes from Ogre Battle 64 (an epic in my opinion).

4. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I think it was made by Atlus for the PSP but ported and published by NATE game.

5. MrJo

MrJo Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Anyone have any idea when the psp sequel to this game may be released?

6. Pitch_Blak

Pitch_Blak Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Canada
    I'm interested in this game, but has there been a patch yet for bugs?

7. Kylescorpion

Kylescorpion Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    No, if u mean the dialogue bug. It still was a awesome game. The experience from the voice acting/storyline is simply amazing.

8. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    I am usually more into action RPGs like Zenonia, Zenonia 2, Inotia 2, Illusia, etc. but this does look quite good and it has caught my attention. Would someone new to turn based combat RPGs be able to pick up the combat system in Crimson Gem Saga fairly well?

9. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Absolutely. It has some RT elements too, BTW, like the ambush system or critical combos. Production values are great.

10. Bochu

Bochu Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Great game

Love this game. I love RPGs and have been thoroughly unsatisfied with several of the existing subpar action-RPGs that are somewhat deficient in the storyline and dialogue. This one rocks with the skill tree, the dialogue, good voice-acting, and leaving out silly quests like "fetch 5 bones, then fetch 10 bones, then 15...".

I just wish the porting wasn't subpar in itself. I love the voice dialogue but it's horribly ruined by only some of it being played and at the wrong time. The menu system is annoying in that it's a bit too easy to make the wrong move.

But, as others have said, those are easily forgettable with the sheer quality of the rest of the game. I'd gladly buy more RPGs that are as good as Crimson Gem Saga. Plus I love watching the intro video every time I start playing.

And I consistently use Spinel thanks to her Level 3 Wind Slash (or whatever it's called). It's a nice cheap way to do damage to clear all the enemies after an ambush.

11. cherdman

cherdman Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    It's a great game on PSP. I just wish it would be updated for Retina displays on iPhone.

12. Andiron

Andiron Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    I would play this game a lot more often if it had multitasking. Seems they have not done such a good job with post release support in my opinion.

13. LawLessLove

LawLessLove Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    This game is unplayable. It needs an update badly.

14. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    What makes it unplayable?

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    LawLessLove does. Obviously plenty of people have managed to play the game just fine.

16. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    yeah this game is hardly unplayable. this is a well polished game with good controls, great graphics, and good story. what is needed in an update? even the voice acting is pretty ok. all in all, one of the better iphone rpgs, and def top 5.

17. jenil_p

jenil_p New Member

Apr 9, 2011
    #1017 jenil_p, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2011
    Guys need urgent help, how do i buy new weapons and equip them?

sorry for such a stupid question but I cannot manage to do so bcoz of controls.

18. plasmakirby3

plasmakirby3 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Junior in High School
    Northern California
    #1018 plasmakirby3, Sep 20, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
    Well I bought this game recently at someone else's recommendation, and I'm loving it so much that I decided to go through all 102 pages of this thread to see what others thought of it. After spending 3 hours reading posts, I think I should at least be allowed to revive this thread for a bit, right? :rolleyes:

Lots of people (but not as many as iTunes reviewers) complain about the controls, but they should only take at most an hour to get used to. Quick swiping through the menus one flick at a time works perfectly. The incomplete dialogue doesn't particularly bother me, and after seeing how much the file sizes for Chaos Rings and Omega increased after the voice updates, one can safely assume that the file size would gain a few hundred MB from such a patch. And one last thing; I don't find the story shallow or generic at all: sure it starts out seeming that way, but it really ramps up in the end. All that being said, I am a bit disappointed that they haven't had an update since 2010, considering there are still a few things that could be improved (and the 99:59:99 bug definitely needs to get fixed).

A minor thing I noticed was that nobody in this thread seems to have discovered the finishers of the critical combos. So here's a video showing how awesome those combos can really be :D

Well there's my rant, hopefully it attracts or rejuvenates some attention to this outstanding game. I can safely say that this is my favorite RPG available in the App Store, outclassing Chaos Rings by far (no offense to CR fans).

19. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

I agree.
    Once you get used to the controls, this is one of the greatest RPG's on the app store, and certainly offers the full "console experience".

20. bigE1669

bigE1669 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    IT
    Ill
    I gave up on this game a long time ago. I was having a really hard time selecting the correct things in the menu system. It pissed me off so much I deleted the game. So my question is, did they fix the menu system yet, because it was a real pain in the a$$?